Anyone else waiting for Apple to reveal the iPhone 8 before buying the Note 8?

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
It's iPhone! No corporations will risk blocking out iPhone users from their business

Apps for sure will update. For a BYOD to work? Eh it could vary. Most aren't going to want a bad security measure with access to their corporate network. They may just allow PIN codes for lock screen for the time being.

jnyvio

Jun 4, 2014
Visit site
Sucks for the people that have T-Mobile that want the iPhone 8 or iPhone X.

T-Mobile just got burned by Apple and the iPhone X – BGR

lol....... There is "NO" phone on today's current market as of this writing that supports the T-Mobile newly acquired 600mhz band..... Not even the S8, S8+, Note 8 or any other cell phone.. The hardware's chipset in these cell phones simply do not support 600mhz.. This is the downside to cell phones coming out faster than technology has a chance to catch up to them.. I would imagine the iPhone 9 and Galaxy S9/Note 9 series will have the 600mhz chipset.. This is nothing to,worry about.. The 600mhz T-Mobile band is still in a very early testing phase as of late August 2017.

http://bgr.com/2017/08/28/galaxy-note-8-t-mobile-600mhz-support-vs-lg-v30/

https://newsroom.t-mobile.com/news-and-blogs/cheyenne-600-mhz.htm

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
lol....... There is "NO" phone on today's current market as of this writing that supports the T-Mobile newly acquired 600mhz band..... Not even the S8, S8+, Note 8 or any other cell phone.. The hardware's chipset in these cell phones simply do not support 600mhz.. This is the downside to cell phones coming out faster than technology has a chance to catch up to them.. I would imagine the iPhone 9 and Galaxy S9/Note 9 series will have the 600mhz chipset.. This is nothing to,worry about.. The 600mhz T-Mobile band is still in testing phase.

Qualcomm confirms no existing smartphones will support T-Mobile’s 600MHz network – BGR

Dang it. That's what I get for reading too fast. Haha. Sorry🙃

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
lol....... There is "NO" phone on today's current market as of this writing that supports the T-Mobile newly acquired 600mhz band..... Not even the S8, S8+, Note 8 or any other cell phone.. The hardware's chipset in these cell phones simply do not support 600mhz.. This is the downside to cell phones coming out faster than technology has a chance to catch up to them.. I would imagine the iPhone 9 and Galaxy S9/Note 9 series will have the 600mhz chipset.. This is nothing to,worry about.. The 600mhz T-Mobile band is still in testing phase.

When the V30 comes out in a month or so and it will have it. If LG can do it .. You would think the two big boys in smart phones could. Just sayin' :p.

Lsucrazy

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
The iPhone X had me excited at first, but that quickly wore off, now I'm very underwhelmed by it. It's just going to be annoying listening to co-workers that get it, and wanna talk trash on my phone, say stupid things like "I bet your Galaxy don't have an OLED screen. Oh it does? Well it's not ultra retina HD!" "Who needs fingerprint reader? My face is the future!"

jnyvio

Jun 4, 2014
Visit site
When the V30 comes out in a month or so and it will have it. If LG can do it .. You would think the two big boys in smart phones could. Just sayin' :p.

Very True..... Although it would be great if a magical software update appeared down the road that could add it to the existing current phones. :)

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Very True..... Although it would be great if a magical software update appeared down the road that could add it to the existing current phones. :)

Well that can't happen -- I am just saying if the V30 can come out with it this year then it has nothing to do with new technology or any issue of that nature. They chose to leave it out.

Tarah Sorber

Trusted Member
Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
This concerns me why did they make the 8 plus has a smaller battery??? I can go all day until half of the next day on my 7 plus....

iPhone 7 1,960 mAh
iPhone 7 Plus 2,900 mAh
iPhone 8 1,821 mAh
iPhone 8 Plus 2,675 mAh

Momof9Blessings

Sep 15, 2016
Visit site
I pre-ordered my N8 1st day, but was waiting on the iPhone.... I was hoping for pencil support.... How is animogi going to change my life, seems useless....

I do wish I could get the watch.... But you need an iPhone.....

B Hoste

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
The iPhone X had me excited at first, but that quickly wore off, now I'm very underwhelmed by it. It's just going to be annoying listening to co-workers that get it, and wanna talk trash on my phone, say stupid things like "I bet your Galaxy don't have an OLED screen. Oh it does? Well it's not ultra retina HD!" "Who needs fingerprint reader? My face is the future!"

Ask them to look up who makes the iPhone screens, they maybe shocked.

Sh3ngLong

May 16, 2010
Visit site
and i much prefer a fingerprint reader over facial recognition.

Same here, the fingerprint scanner is one of my favorite features on a smartphone. It's so much easier to unlock a phone that way. If Samsung ever removes it in their future phones, I'd be super upset.

Facial recognition just doesn't seem as quick and reliable as a fingerprint scanner. Even in Apple's keynote their Face ID embarrassingly failed...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7xmCCTVS7Q

One of my concerns about Face ID is with the car drivers. I know many people still use their phones while driving, which is unfortunate but true. My concern with those people is when they try to unlock their phone using Face ID while driving, because they either need to look down at their phone to scan their face or put the phone in front of their face, blocking their view of the road. I just feel this feature will cause a lot more car accidents. :(

debdroid1a

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Same here, the fingerprint scanner is one of my favorite features on a smartphone. It's so much easier to unlock a phone that way. If Samsung ever removes it in their future phones, I'd be super upset.

Facial recognition just doesn't seem as quick and reliable as a fingerprint scanner. Even in Apple's keynote their Face ID embarrassingly failed...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7xmCCTVS7Q

One of my concerns about Face ID is with the car drivers. I know many people still use their phones while driving, which is unfortunate but true. My concern with those people is when they try to unlock their phone using Face ID while driving, because they either need to look down at their phone to scan their face or put the phone in front of their face, blocking their view of the road. I just feel this feature will cause a lot more car accidents. :(

It failed because phone was rebooted or shut off and turned on. After that, you will need to do a pin.

I wonder if it will stop people from using it. It doesn't seem that fast and you still have to swipe up.

Climb14er

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
I was considering the Apple 8 but being an Android guy from the beginning and with Verizon and Sammy offering up great promos for my Note 5... I gave in, ordered and received the Note 8, got additional credit from VZ to entice me to trade... and the Apple 8 became a non issue. The Note 8 is a very smooth running phone... still have to get used to the dimensions.

Last edited:

AndroidJay

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
After watching the iPhone 8 and X, it looks nice but removing the touch id button from the X completely makes me uncomfortable. Choice is a good thing.
I am sticking with the Note 8.

torbach1

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site
Dang it. That's what I get for reading too fast. Haha. Sorry🙃
That new LTE band is also only important for folks who live in very rural areas. T-Mobile purchased it to ensure they have better nationwide coverage than Verizon, and that's the last remaining challenge. So for those of us who live anywhere near major cities, it's a non-issue as long as Band 12 LTE is supported, and that's been supported by every T-Mobile device since 2015, and the IPHONE 6s.

And finally I'd argue that BGR is one of the most biased and pathetic tech sites out there. Just read any article they have about anything that isn't an iPhone, and you'll see they're more full of it than Apple's own magical marketing department. Worse, they pretend to be neutral. Android Central's staff clearly prefer Android phones, but still have respect for the iPhone, and Android is in the site's name. The iPhone and Apple deserve a ton of respect for a lot of things. But not the crap. BGT attributes to them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non