Samsung freebies, which did you choose and how did you submit it?

eshropshire

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
So? Like said you could sell it and make enough of a profit to still be in the black after buying the memory card and fast wireless charger. I'd rather get something to sell and buy the other things plus make money than just get the stuff free
To each their own. I don't have the time to bother selling something on eBay or Craigslist. Right now I am in Europe, when I return next week I turn around and fly to India.

droidntn

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
I used the Samsung Shop app AFTER being told in here to do that. Mine ships out 10-16 after ordering 9-11.
My VZW rep never told me to do that in the store. Wonder about people that just don't KNOW to do it? They'll miss their freebies.

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
It didn't happen for previous Samsung nor LG giveaways that I have seen. LG Pico projectors didn't fall after they gave them away with the LG G6's nor did memory card prices fall when they gave them away with the V10.

Edit: As an additional note a VR camera is gonna hold it's value a lot better than a charger and memory card. So even if it did lose some of its value you would be in the black while selling it. Plus memory cards and chargers would be way lower priced so you could buy those for even more saving plus a profit. It's a win-win.

I've got way too much going on to participate in that song and dance of buying and selling and then buying just to try and make $40 off Samsung. I could make way more than that with my time being used elsewhere. Not to mention the huge risk involved and the potential to be unable to sell the camera. You say it'll hold it's value better, yet there has to be demand for that to be true, and very few people see those cameras as something they'll use more than a couple times.

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
If anyone really put their 256 GB card in their drawer they can contact me for a sale. I bet 90% went in phones. I do think most of the VR headsets are gathering dust. Including the ones sold on eBay.

I've seen a number of people on here mention that they still have their cards unopened. I remember reading in the Note 7 forum a ton of posters saying that they were trying to sell their SD cards, and everyone else basically laughing at them because anyone who wanted one, had gotten one already for free from Samsung. You may be right about the 90%, but the scenario did not pan out how everyone expected it to over there.

jay887

Sep 3, 2017
Visit site
I used the Samsung Shop app AFTER being told in here to do that. Mine ships out 10-16 after ordering 9-11.
My VZW rep never told me to do that in the store. Wonder about people that just don't KNOW to do it? They'll miss their freebies.

Really? Everytime I talk to T-Mobile they make sure to let me know to get my gift lol. Yes if they don't register by 10/ 16 I believe then they will miss the gifts.....that's if they don't sell out first because with the phone releasing this Friday everyone that makes a purchase before 9/26 I believe it is ...they qualify for the freebies as well.

Deke218

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
I ordered the camera. That being said, it will hold its value right up to the time Samsung ships 100,000 free ones and 50,000 people want to sell them. Might have been better to go with the charger. The Gear 360 is about to drop in price.
8c0df183dd20d0dab3cfa028f2d9ec50.jpg

fwinst

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
Ordered the camera. It is set to be delivered today! That is, whenever FedEx wants to show up. They're a bit erratic in my area.

YoYZ

May 30, 2014
Visit site
Am I the only one that went with the 360 cam lol? I know it's not the most practical thing in the world but it worked out to be a gem for me. I like to fish so I can put this thing up on a rock somewhere and record the entire fishing hole for about an hour. It's better than having to tripod my cell, moving it every few minutes.

bbgpsuser

Jul 26, 2015
Visit site
Am I the only one that went with the 360 cam lol? I know it's not the most practical thing in the world but it worked out to be a gem for me. I like to fish so I can put this thing up on a rock somewhere and record the entire fishing hole for about an hour. It's better than having to tripod my cell, moving it every few minutes.

Not the only one. Mine is to be delivered today.

B Hoste

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
I used the Shop Samsung app and got the wireless charger and memory card, the camera looks really cool. Knowing me, I would lose the camera within a month, LOL.

robertopod1968

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
Received the camera this morning, and it's a dud. Won't turn on, won't charge, tried the suggestion of plugging into a computer USB for a bit before a wall charger, on two different computers, and nothing.

Live chat on Samsung's site gave me a number to call since it's a promotion thing, I've got some errands to run 1st, then I'll order a replacement.

The phone is the important piece in this deal, and it's still amazing, so I'm not too unhappy...
Same here. Tried 3 different chargers, two different pc usb ports. And nothing.

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site

I ordered the camera as well. We have a LG one right now and got some pretty cool pictures sitting at 14,000 feet in the mountains of Colorado. Looking forward to the Samsung one.

Edit: and it's arrived and now charging.

Last edited:

nuangel2

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
Just received the 360 Camera. Charging so I have note used it yet. I already have the 256 card from note 7 and I already have a wireless charger.

gyounk

Sep 9, 2017
Visit site
I went with the 360 camera. The samsung store app did not want to submit at first but after a reboot of the note8, it went though and got approved.

THrough Best Buy already bought a 200GB memory card Sandisk Ultra for $80 (price match Amazon) with the BB exclusive charing back (battery backup device, 2 cables, and 1 wireless charging pad) for $75. Good deals all on 24 month 0% interest free financing.