Can't Add Storage to Samsung Cloud

Daniel Ferrara

Jan 27, 2015
Visit site
I'm on an ATT Note 8. Has anyone been able to add to their Samsung Cloud storage? From using it on my Note 7 and then Note 5, my 15GB is full. I don't want to erase anything. When I go to manage storage in the settings, the option to buy more storage is not available. Has anyone else been able to see this setting? I was hoping that maybe Samsung is waiting to the 15th to activate that option. Or is ATT blocking this setting?

Daniel Ferrara

Jan 27, 2015
Visit site
I'm going to answer my own question :p I called Samsung and additional cloud storage is not available for AT&T (and Verizon) branded phones. You are limited to the 15GB that comes with the device. I still don't get why Samsung allows these phone companies to bully it into removing services from its phones. This would never happen with Apple.

Anyway, I use other cloud storage for my photos/documents. But it's nice to have Samsung cloud to backup things like your settings, Wifi passwords, home-screen layout, etc. I guess I'll need to remove some clutter to make the most of the 15GB we get free.

Daniel Ferrara

Jan 27, 2015
Visit site
Access Samsung cloud? The settings are under "Cloud and accounts", then Samsung Cloud. But it will backup your photos, settings, favorites, contacts, etc. You can also save files using the My Files app. You get free 15GB of storage, but Samsung sells more if 15GB is not enough. However, the additional storage has been disabled for AT&T and Verizon customers.

DarkSorrow

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
I've been using Google Drive for my storage. After all Gmail is one of the main email accounts you use on the phone anyways.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danishpeer