moving data from note 8 to another note 8

bigsmoke79

May 8, 2014
Visit site
I'm in the process of recieving a replacement handset for dead pixels, and just want to know the best way to transfer all my stuff, apps etc from one note to my new note? plus I've stuff in my secure folder does it transfer across if I use smart switch?

maf113

Nov 15, 2009
Visit site
Samsung smart switch. or just move everything to an SD card and slap the card into your new phone. Both are easy to do.
You could even connect both devices to a computer and use a file manager to copy from one phone to the other.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Samsung smart switch. or just move everything to an SD card and slap the card into your new phone. Both are easy to do.
You could even connect both devices to a computer and use a file manager to copy from one phone to the other.

I am more inclined to agree with the connecting to a PC. Copy and past to the PC and then to the new phone. This action will give you 2 copies of the files you need in case something happens.

maf113

Nov 15, 2009
Visit site
I am more inclined to agree with the connecting to a PC. Copy and past to the PC and then to the new phone. This action will give you 2 copies of the files you need in case something happens.

Don't need the extra step. Just copy from phone to phone. They both will show up as external devices.
But Smart Switch is the best alternative. I was just show the OP that there is more than o e way to do it.

samcro

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
Quick question, did you receive a replacement from your carrier or from protection plus insurance or just from Sammy themselves? Just went through this same scenario for exact same reason.

granblanco

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
I have used Samsung Smart Switch via wifi from S7Edge to S8+ to Note 8, and it has worked great requiring minimal re-setup. I also use Google Drive as redundant backup for very important files with Google Photos for pics.

raneu

Aug 18, 2014
Visit site
I'm in the process of recieving a replacement handset for dead pixels, and just want to know the best way to transfer all my stuff, apps etc from one note to my new note? plus I've stuff in my secure folder does it transfer across if I use smart switch?
Smart Switch to SD card, move SD to new phone and Smart Switch restore from SD

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Don't need the extra step. Just copy from phone to phone.

Oh, sure...I get that. You can have 2 open windows for each phone and directly drag to it. But I figured if they are going to connect each phone, why not take the opportunity to create a backup?

maf113

Nov 15, 2009
Visit site
Oh, sure...I get that. You can have 2 open windows for each phone and directly drag to it. But I figured if they are going to connect each phone, why not take the opportunity to create a backup?

Point taken. I do a backup when ever I get a new phone. But use smart switch to transfer data to a new phone.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87