A reset problem on a RCA, Android tablet

Status
Not open for further replies.

reble

Jul 21, 2016
Visit site
I was given 2 used 7" RCA model RCT6873W42 Android tablets. The batterys on both tablets are charged up and the tablets turn on. The last owner didn't do the "wipe data/factory reset" in the right order and I keep running into a roadblock on both tablets when I get to the point in the set up were it asks for my Google email address. See the screen capture. I did the "wipe data/factory reset" 2 times. No change. I don't know how to bypass the "Factory Reset Protection" and I can't get the last owners email address and password in order to open up the tablets. Is there a way to around the "Factory Reset Protection"?

Steve

Attachments

• rca tablet error.jpg
    rca tablet error.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 27

SDTRMG

Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
as you may or may not know this protection is set up to protect against people getting access to stolen devices. Its unfortunately that's someone choose to sell you these devices and I hope you figure out something, at the same time i'm also glad to see that it's working and stopping someone from having access to the device, as I have sensitive information on my phone is worried about if I lost it.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
as you may or may not know this protection is set up to protect against people getting access to stolen devices. Its unfortunately that's someone choose to sell you these devices and I hope you figure out something, at the same time i'm also glad to see that it's working and stopping someone from having access to the device, as I have sensitive information on my phone is worried about if I lost it.
^^ This.

Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danishpeer