Thinking about trading my Note 8 for a Pixel 2 XL

mundyb

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
For $996 on Amazon you can get the Nikon D7200 with two lenses and a case, and it takes AMAZING pictures. Phones take pictures for sure, you can also get Microsoft Word on the phone and type a 1000 page novel... Is it the best way? The camera is my last consideration when buying a phone because in relation to a real camera they still suck.

Just trying to save you the buyer's remorse that's sure to come. haha

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Ahh I don't know. I love my note 8 but pixel 2 xl takes amazing pictures. Only owned it for 2 months.
If you aren't an avid user of Samsun Pay, you may be fine making the switch. I'd take some serious time exploring one though, especially of a Best Buy or other store has a fully functional test unit.

pkguy323

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
I hope you won't miss your wireless charging or Samsung pay. Marques Brownlee just gave the Note 8 the ultimate phone of 2017 award.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
For $996 on Amazon you can get the Nikon D7200 with two lenses and a case, and it takes AMAZING pictures. Phones take pictures for sure, you can also get Microsoft Word on the phone and type a 1000 page novel... Is it the best way? The camera is my last consideration when buying a phone because in relation to a real camera they still suck.

Just trying to save you the buyer's remorse that's sure to come. haha

Does the Nikon fit into my front right pocket like my phone? ;).

AustinTech

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I've had both phones and I consider the note 8 a better device. Yes, the P2XL has a slightly better camera. However, audio recorded in videos is in mono and is very unimpressive. Also you lose the ability to apply themes, wireless charging, edge apps, the spen, slightly larger screen, MUCH better screen, tons of software features, and the note just looks better.

Honestly, my P2XL had a terrible screen.

mike104393

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
I considered the Pixel 2 XL too, but I had the S8+. I love Samsung Pay and wireless charging along with the awesome camera.
Thanks for all the comments guys. After a lot of compare and contrast, the note 8 does come with so much more stuff. Although the pixel does take better pictures, it just doesn't compare to all the feature the note 8 has. I decided to go keep the phone. Thanks!

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for all the comments guys. After a lot of compare and contrast, the note 8 does come with so much more stuff. Although the pixel does take better pictures, it just doesn't compare to all the feature the note 8 has. I decided to go keep the phone. Thanks!
Never do that again. What were you thinking?

o4liberty

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
I looked at the pixel and by far the note trumps over the pixel IMO. The note 8 has Everthing right and no negatives Everthing is perfect.

Climb14er

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
Oh boy... another discontented phone jumper. The Note 8 gives great pics and all around, phenomenal phone. Go ahead and jump OP. It's your MONEY! 🙄

syphonsystem

Dec 23, 2017
Visit site
Damaged my S8+ and went with the pixel 2 XL. That said if I had started with the note 8 I don't see the pixel 2 as a smart upgrade. Wait for the pixel 3.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87