sticking with the note 8

anon(9947084)

Jun 25, 2016
Visit site
There just isn't enough on the N9 to justify upgrade.
I've had the N8 for 10 months now. It still runs as well as the day I received it. Fast, great battery life and not glitchy at all. I still run nougat because I didn't see enough to want to upgrade to Oreo because of the risk of potential problems.
To be honest, I'll keep it and run nougat on it for one more year. I have a feeling the note 10 is going to be a jaw dropper, so that's when I will upgrade.

bulls96

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
I got my note recently for $420, hard for me to pony up $1000 for a new note, even w a $400 trade in value.

tatootie67

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
There just isn't enough on the N9 to justify upgrade.
I've had the N8 for 10 months now. It still runs as well as the day I received it. Fast, great battery life and not glitchy at all. I still run nougat because I didn't see enough to want to upgrade to Oreo because of the risk of potential problems.
To be honest, I'll keep it and run nougat on it for one more year. I have a feeling the note 10 is going to be a jaw dropper, so that's when I will upgrade.
Totally agree with you. The 9 s pen seems to gimmicky. I use my watch to control my music. If I had to use that spen I'd probably lose it

srgonu

Dec 30, 2016
Visit site
Totally agree with you. The 9 s pen seems to gimmicky. I use my watch to control my music. If I had to use that spen I'd probably lose it

Sorry, I don't agree. Even though the looks are similar, updates are fantastic and through out every feature for good. Though I will stick with my note 8 for now, I consider note 9 is awesome. Even Marques agrees with me ;)

https://youtu.be/9AxYQOX5_FM

o4liberty

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
It's a lot of money for very little Improvements in my opinion. My note 8 is running as strong as ever never an issues with it. I will not update unless the trade in was at least $600 or better.

madeforatc

Sep 8, 2017
Visit site
debating if i should stay with the note 8. i usually upgrade on every note anniversaries. wish it was 50% off if we trade in our note 8.

j_hansen

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
As much as I want a Note 9 I'm staying with the Note 8 for now, waiting until black Friday or X-mass sales this time, maybe even wait to see if the S10+ is going to be a Note/pen hybrid or even the foldable instead

Climb14er

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
Called VZ yesterday... if I were to jump to the 9 from the 8, I'd lose all potential future credits and have to pay off what's remaining in full. No way I'm going to jump! The 8 does everything just fine.

toenail_flicker

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
Called VZ yesterday... if I were to jump to the 9 from the 8, I'd lose all potential future credits and have to pay off what's remaining in full. No way I'm going to jump! The 8 does everything just fine.

that's the reason that I won't move, if I were to think about it. and I hate the new phone setup, etc. this one works the way I work, finally. don't mess with success.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
It's a lot of money for very little Improvements in my opinion. My note 8 is running as strong as ever never an issues with it. I will not update unless the trade in was at least $600 or better.
They are selling for 5 to 580 on swappa

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
As much as I want a Note 9 I'm staying with the Note 8 for now, waiting until black Friday or X-mass sales this time, maybe even wait to see if the S10+ is going to be a Note/pen hybrid or even the foldable instead
I'm leaning in that direction. I was originally going to do it but with finances in my current account can't quite do it without forking out a lot of cash

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I will be sticking with the Note 8, for now. Mainly due to financial reasons. Love the Note 9, saw it in person today at Best Buy. I'd have to pay a lot out of pocket to get into it through Sprint. I'm not approved through Samsung Financing darn it. I could sell note 8 but know I'd be a few hundred bucks shy of the purchase price and cant do that up front right now.

Paid close to $7000 for our dogs life saving surgery about 3 weeks ago. So worth it but that'll take some time to recoup.

mak916

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I really do want the Note 9 for several reasons. I like the fact that they have a 512GB version, even though Sprint is not selling this version. I also Iike the fact that they have finally beefed up the battery. And the last thing I really like, they are selling a blue phone. I have been wanting a blue Note.

Now why I most likely will not get the Note 9. Sprint, my carrier, is not selling the 512GB version. Sprint is not offering long time loyal customers half off like they are with new customers. And finally, the Note 9 is not 5G ready as far as I know. If the Note 9 was 5G, I think it would get it and keep it for a while. I'll wait for the Note 10 or buy a used Note 9 around the first of the year.

sleepnclass

Aug 21, 2016
Visit site
apologies to anyone to likes it, but I think the yellow Spen is fugly. really fugly. couldn't pay me to own one.

This. I hate the yellow pee pen so much. I love the blue but they absolutely ruined it with the Jaundice pen. I wish I could get a black one instead but they don't offer it :(. Idk, maybe I'll feel different when it gets here but I have doubts. I don't mind having a purple phone but they hue they chose is horrid. It's like they want this line to end with the lack of color options and weird miss matched spens.

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
You can say it's bold!

They could have made it a little darker and at least look like a No. 2 pencil. It looks bright yellow like a banana. It will definitely grab ones attention. If the pen was all chrome gold like the top of the pen that would have been cool. I would have preferred color matched.

I'm going to have to stop by Best Buy tomorrow and check it out.

This. I hate the yellow pee pen so much. I love the blue but they absolutely ruined it with the Jaundice pen. I wish I could get a black one instead but they don't offer it :(. Idk, maybe I'll feel different when it gets here but I have doubts. I don't mind having a purple phone but they hue they chose is horrid. It's like they want this line to end with the lack of color options and weird miss matched spens.

evohicks

May 25, 2015
Visit site
The main reason I'm getting the Note 9 is the Samsung upgrade program. I certainly wouldn't be forking out that amount of money if I had to pay outright and then try and sell the Note 8.
There are just enough upgrades in the Note 9 to send the Note 8 back but the Note 8 is a great device and it was a tight call.