Issue with Google Account Sync when on Wi-Fi, not on mobile data.

rohit27ac

Jun 12, 2020
Visit site
Hello everyone,

I have multiple Google accounts on my Galaxy Note 9 and i have sync enabled for just one account of them and for the rest it is turned off (so that others' contact don't mix up with my contacts).

But since last few days I'm facing a issue that whenever i connect to Wifi and My phone is on charging contacts from every google account is syncing to my device and it is all mixed up.

Sent error report to Samsung Team, but as usual except safe mode, hard reset and blah-blah no helpful response from them (although I've tried that also, but no help).

Please if anyone have any solution, it would be much appreciated.
Thank you !!

Last edited:

Kizzy Catwoman

Ambassador
Feb 2, 2017
Visit site
Hi there. This is an issue i had on my S10+. I had to remove the all the accounts. I went onto my Google account on a laptop and restored my contacts back to what they were before the mixup. I then put my account back onto the S10+ and synced my contacts. I also have Samsung account. So using the Samsung contacts app I exported my Google contacts to a file. I then added all those contacts through import to my samsung account as a backup of my Google contacts.

I then added the other accounts back, ensuring that sync was not turned on.

This is long winded. But it is the only way I was able to restore my contacts list to just my Google account.

Please don't post duplicate threads. The moderators don't like it. I will ask for your duplicates to be removed.

rohit27ac

Jun 12, 2020
Visit site
I understand your point and contacts are syncing automatically even if the toggle is turned off and this happens only when i connect to some wifi and phone is on charging.

Bodestone

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
Are you charging from a connection to a PC or just from a wall/wireless charger?
Do you have any PC Software such as Your Phone connected?
Do you have any other PC/phone connectivity apps installed that might link the phone to the PC?

I ask because many of these have an 'Only sync while on Wifi' and some have an 'Only sync while charging' or have been battery optimised on the new phone. The latter might be one that tries to retrieve photos or birthdays to your contacts from social media. It may be a forgotten app that has be brought across from a transfer from an earlier phone.

Another question is, have you linked your calendar to each of the accounts and so does it neend to import the contacts to link meeting events?

Last edited by a moderator:

rohit27ac

Jun 12, 2020
Visit site
Are you charging from a connection to a PC or just from a wall/wireless charger?
Do you have any PC Software such as Your Phone connected?
Do you have any other PC/phone connectivity apps installed that might link the phone to the PC?

I ask because many of these have an 'Only sync while on Wifi' and some have an 'Only sync while charging' or have been battery optimised on the new phone. The latter might be one that tries to retrieve photos or birthdays to your contacts from social media. It may be a forgotten app that has be brought across from a transfer from an earlier phone.

I am charging from a wall charger only and I don't have any PC software such as Your Phone connected.

Thank You !!

Another question is, have you linked your calendar to each of the accounts and so does it neend to import the contacts to link meeting events?

I even have toggled off the sync button for calendars as well and there are no calendar entries in those other Google accounts (my secondary accounts).

Further I would like to mention that I didn't understand your comments very much, so I tried to comment as best as I could, sorry. Thank you!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Bodestone

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
I have no othr ideas I'm afraid.
Checking apps that only sync when on Wifi and when charging was my last thing.
Unless you have social media aggregation apps I suppose. Years ago I had an app that put birthdays into contacts from facebook for me but I have long since ceased to trust them, mainly for software quality over security but if you have anything like that where a social media app is set to import contacts from them to your phone. Skype did the reverse and imported all my phone contacts into Skype without my permission way back but another social meday or communication app could be doing the same in reverse if it is linked to multiple accunts.

Again the specific circumstances of only while on wifi AND charging are baffling but there are apps that have both of those options.

I shall also try and be clearer in my responses but I am not sure how much more help I can be.

Bodestone

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
Moderator: why does this always show as bold on my listing for https://forums.androidcentral.com/samsung-galaxy-note-10-note-10-plus-2019/ even if I have answered an there are no updates and it has been moved to another location?
I now see a comment from Kirstein Gourlay about it being a duplicate but how was I to know. It kept showing up in Bold on the Note 10 page for me.

OP can probably refer to the comments by Kirstein Gourlay.

Hoping that toubleshooting comments I added made sense and may be useful for future searcehrs though.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress