mlbyanks11

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
If'n I was you.
In would look.at a Samsung Chromebook.
Install all of your apps on it

Delete them off your note 9

Hotspot your note 9 to your Chromebook.

Then you can see if your battery don't improve.
Put only one app at a time back on your phone.

Don't get in a hurry putting apps back on either.

My other friends with the note 9 are not having any battery problems either.
Hate you are struggling.

Nah im good, unless you want to buy it for me or write me a check. WHY WOULD I HOTSPOT MY NOTE 9 IF THE PLACE I GO TO HAS FREE WIFI. LIKE MY HOUSE OR THE STARBUCKS UP THE ROAD FROM ME. Going in circles here. I'm done ill figure it out myself.

nismomike4444

May 5, 2016
Visit site
Sounds frustrating man, I dont blame you. Just curious, what does your Ram usually show as "free" after you run device maintenance? I noticed in the screen shot it shows 1.4 gb free memory. That's pretty low if you just ran the maintenance. Should be 2.7-3.5 on the 6gb model even with all the normal stuff running. I have not read everything posted already, just noticed the screenshot. I wonder if Samsung can enter remotely and figure it out? Good luck

mlbyanks11

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
Sounds frustrating man, I dont blame you. Just curious, what does your Ram usually show as "free" after you run device maintenance? I noticed in the screen shot it shows 1.4 gb free memory. That's pretty low if you just ran the maintenance. Should be 2.7-3.5 on the 6gb model even with all the normal stuff running. I have not read everything posted already, just noticed the screenshot. I wonder if Samsung can enter remotely and figure it out? Good luck

It is and I have guys like cardboard up there being redundant and suggesting outlandish ideas. Samsung support is completely useless I've contacted them several times and they are brain dead. All they say is hard reset. Its infuriating beyond belief.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
keep your phone in safe mode for 1 day observe the battery life this will disable all 3rd party apps only, if you get better battery life it's a app causing your issue, and if doesn't improve call Samsung for replacement.

cckgz4

Oct 30, 2010
Visit site
I had to make an adjustment and put mine in the soft battery saver mode. I got four emails linked to gmail that constantly have ads which were killing my battery

note1note9

Sep 14, 2018
Visit site
Already said I tried that. They want me to mail them my phone for 3 weeks lol. Can't do that and don't have a spare phone to begin with. Wish I got good battery life like others.

Since u can't mail Samsung your phone, and no one's solution seems to help, then either live with it, or change your phone

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Don't think the problem is with the phone.
The problem is with how many apps are on the phone.
And if you can't use a computer so you can take the apps off , and see some apps are conflicting with each other.
If you get a new phone. You are still gonna have the same problem.

Gray Area

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
my U.S. version Sprint note 9 will arrive tomorrow, those of you getting great battery life (6+hrs screen on time) did you do a clean install of your apps and accounts individually (slow long process) or did you use Samsung smart switch, Samsung cloud or Google account backups?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
my U.S. version Sprint note 9 will arrive tomorrow, those of you getting great battery life (6+hrs screen on time) did you do a clean install of your apps and accounts individually (slow long process) or did you use Samsung smart switch, Samsung cloud or Google account backups?

Set up through Google cloud/Samsung cloud

mumfoau

Trusted Member
Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
Mine was amazing and getting better before the beta. It's not as great now but it's kinda hard to really judge since I only charge to 80%. I wish I'd never gotten back into the who battery university/ accubattery thing.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Because he's following the "guidelines" that suggest one should never charge their phone more then 80%.

It may be good for the battery but there is not one person out there who would be able to prove that it did any good.

That's true , I've charge my phone from 5%to 100 most of the time and let it sit overnight charging on occasions never needed a battery early or had battery problems. My iPhone x is over a year old and do same thing and battery life is at 93%. The logic behind charging up 80% is that battery dont see a complete charge cycle and that's what is said to prolong battery life that if it dont see complete charge cycle it last longer from my understanding.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress