Thinking of buying this phone in March

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I am a current Note 8 owner. I love the phone. My mom has a Note 5. It's a good phone but a bit dated and she has problems with the camera. I did buy it used for her when her Note 4 was getting even more dated.

So, we both have birthdays in March. I am highly considering the Lavender Note 9 for me and giving my mom my amazing Note 8.

Is the battery in this phone awesome?

sandra_17

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
... Is the battery in this phone awesome?

Hi @skatergirl

Just my experience... I find it somewhat, but not a heck of a lot better than my Note 8. I might get an hour or two max more SOT than my N8. And maybe another hour or so more standby.

(My Mom got my Note 5 when I got the N8. When I got the N9, I couldn't part with the N8, I still use it on WiFi here and there. Maybe when I get my Note 10, lol. All my Notes rotate thru various family members, but they eventually come back to me. Still have the Notes 3, 4, 5 (Mom) and 8.)

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I am a current Note 8 owner. I love the phone. My mom has a Note 5. It's a good phone but a bit dated and she has problems with the camera. I did buy it used for her when her Note 4 was getting even more dated.

So, we both have birthdays in March. I am highly considering the Lavender Note 9 for me and giving my mom my amazing Note 8.

The battery on this phone is awesome..by that time prices will be a lot lower also. I say definitely go for it.

Wbutchart

May 27, 2016
Visit site
It's a great phone. I had an s8 before and the battery on this phone is vastly better. Easily makes it through a day, and I play a fair amount of mobile games.

stackberry369

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site

Why not just buy 2 note 9 phone's and give your mother a Brand New phone that will have all of LTE band's your carrier has deployed in your area?

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Hi @skatergirl

Just my experience... I find it somewhat, but not a heck of a lot better than my Note 8. I might get an hour or two max more SOT than my N8. And maybe another hour or so more standby.

(My Mom got my Note 5 when I got the N8. When I got the N9, I couldn't part with the N8, I still use it on WiFi here and there. Maybe when I get my Note 10, lol. All my Notes rotate thru various family members, but they eventually come back to me. Still have the Notes 3, 4, 5 (Mom) and 8.)

That's awesome how all the phones cycle back to you.

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Why not just buy 2 note 9 phone's and give your mother a Brand New phone that will have all of LTE band's your carrier has deployed in your area?

My mom is elderly and the Note 8 is more than sufficient for her. So, buying two Note 9 would really crush my budget.

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
skatergirl - I haven't talked to you in ages! How have you been? Happy New Year! I held off jumping from my Note 8 to the Note 9 when they first came out but in October, Samsung ran a Television Ad offering up to $600 off with your trade-in and that offer was ending on November 3rd. On 11/2, I thought maybe I'd never see a deal better than that again so I traded the Note 8 and got a Black 512GB Note 9 direct from Samsung. It took all of 24 hours to be madly in love with that damned thing. The battery is magnificent, the new S-Pen is sweet, Stereo speakers (FINALLY), faster processor (not real noticeable but you can) and new position of the fingerprint sensor finally works for most hands! The camera, so far, is a disappointment to me... the Note 8 was just as good! Still waiting for that magical software update that solves it... don't let that stop you. It's strictly objective! I still love the phone and would NOT trade back!

Mr Segundus

Apr 24, 2018
Visit site
I kinda want to buy the Note 9 now that it's $200 off for the unlocked version at Best Buy. I actually really enjoyed the Note 9 and it checked most of the boxes for a phone (except timely updates). I have a Pixel 3 XL right now but I don't think Best Buy will allow me to trade it in. I don't want to deal with Swappa and ebay.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I kinda want to buy the Note 9 now that it's $200 off for the unlocked version at Best Buy. I actually really enjoyed the Note 9 and it checked most of the boxes for a phone (except timely updates). I have a Pixel 3 XL right now but I don't think Best Buy will allow me to trade it in. I don't want to deal with Swappa and ebay.

Do what makes you happy phones are addiction .

note1note9

Sep 14, 2018
Visit site
I'm just a little sad now that the note 9 has so much discounts! Especially on the 128gb version.

Makes me feel like I got charged extra :(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana