Whitestone Dome Customer Service SUCKS

TMavC5

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
If you listening WSD Rep, your warranty service sucks when claiming for replacement. That's all I have to say about their stupid lifetime warranty replacement claims. I won't get into the detail. You make your customer jump through the hoops just to get a replacement to send over.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I have dome for my s9+ and note 9 and when I requested a replacement I just did it online and paid the shipping no reps to talk to .

TMavC5

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I have dome for my s9+ and note 9 and when I requested a replacement I just did it online and paid the shipping no reps to talk to .

That's exactly what I did, when online request replacement proved that I got a defective screen. Just frustrating.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
That's exactly what I did, when online request replacement proved that I got a defective screen. Just frustrating.

So what went wrong?
You send the picture and check out with your credit card for shipping then they rejected you with uploaded picture?

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
Just installed the Dome tonight and it went on perfect except one little tiny bubble/spot near the lower right curved edge. :(
i think it's a piece of crap that got under the protector during install. Just hope it does not get bigger over time.

unclejimmy

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
They have the worst customer service of any company I've ever dealt with. No, I didn't apply the protector incorrectly. One of the 2 pack I ordered was cracked in the upper left corner. Never responded to emails. They are a joke.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
They have the worst customer service of any company I've ever dealt with. No, I didn't apply the protector incorrectly. One of the 2 pack I ordered was cracked in the upper left corner. Never responded to emails. They are a joke.

That sucks. Too much to spend on a screen protector. With the curve screens I'd just buy one of the cheap ones and put up with it or just get a thick case with a lip and don't keep any keys in your pocket with your phone.

I really hate curved glass.

zipro

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
That sucks. Too much to spend on a screen protector. With the curve screens I'd just buy one of the cheap ones and put up with it or just get a thick case with a lip and don't keep any keys in your pocket with your phone.

I really hate curved glass.
Honestly doesn't so much anymore since Samsung introduced screen protector touch mode. Just take any of the cheap ones, they work great in terms of touch sensitivity

Johnny Cakes1

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
i just bough a case that has a built in screen protector. its surprisingly good.. and only $13.. the tempered glass for note 9's are just nothing but problems.all of them. dont wanna deal with it anymore

DARK Vader777

Feb 5, 2016
Visit site
I been using the IQ Shields wet application screen protectors. They have been a life saver with drops and scratches. I go through 1 every 3 to 4 months. Plus they're very inexpensive.
Had ordered the WSD and sent them back. Glad I did. Whatever works for the guys use it, no offense.

TMavC5

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
So what went wrong?
You send the picture and check out with your credit card for shipping then they rejected you with uploaded picture?

Well, the process was confusing at first.

I purchased the item from Amazon and contacted via Amazon and WSD rep responded and we exchanged email back and forth (2 weeks time passed), asking me to take picture and such. ALL that, was done via Amazon. In the end, instead of sending me a replacement via Amazon, she directs me to their web site and files claim for warranty. I told her, this would be a lot easier if she would have directed me to their web site and file claim warranty at the beginning. WTF Moment kicked in. I still love their product, and I think it is the best one out there. My wife S8 Plus still has the original one on it.

Now, I have to spend $9.99 on shipping for a warranty replacement. I think they definitely need to do better especially we spent this kind of money on a product.

So my advise to all WSD user wanting to claim warranty replacement. Go to their web site and registered. Have pictures ready and receipt for proof and upload during claims.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Well, the process was confusing at first.

I purchased the item from Amazon and contacted via Amazon and WSD rep responded and we exchanged email back and forth (2 weeks time passed), asking me to take picture and such. ALL that, was done via Amazon. In the end, instead of sending me a replacement via Amazon, she directs me to their web site and files claim for warranty. I told her, this would be a lot easier if she would have directed me to their web site and file claim warranty at the beginning. WTF Moment kicked in. I still love their product, and I think it is the best one out there. My wife S8 Plus still has the original one on it.

Now, I have to spend $9.99 on shipping for a warranty replacement. I think they definitely need to do better especially we spent this kind of money on a product.

So my advise to all WSD user wanting to claim warranty replacement. Go to their web site and registered. Have pictures ready and receipt for proof and upload during claims.

I agree it's the best out there .
See that's why I didn't have a problem and paid the 9.00 shipping I registered first as I bought from Amazon also but never contacted them . First step like you said register first when u need a replacement upload picture and pay shipping no issues.

ChuckG73

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
I have had great experience with Whitestone Dome screen protectors and custmoer service until now. Did they get acquired or something, my account no longer existed and had to re add it and my warranties, now it has been in "pending Approval" for 24hrs and I am sans a screen protector on my S10 + and already have gooten a scratch...GRRRRRRRR

lyingfromyou

May 5, 2011
Visit site
They sent me a screen protector for my S10+ well after launch.. This was a pre-order promised to ship at a certain date which obviously didn't happen. I had to purchase a Zagg in store because of this.

I would try to return for a refund but when I FINALLY received it, they put someone else's packaging slip in the box.. I sold it privately.

Horrible and overrated company for sure.