The small button on the left bottom has disappeared and I am no longer able to make the navigation bar disappear. how can I get this back. note 9
    02-10-2019 04:17 PM
    if you updated to pie, it no longer has the option
    02-10-2019 05:20 PM
    if you're on Pie you can switch to Gestures which is awesome.
    OJsakila likes this.
    02-10-2019 05:29 PM
    Yet another reason not to update to Pie.
    What they call a 'feature', I call a loss of functionality. How is it an 'upgrade' if you lose something you had?
    Surely both options could be had.
    02-10-2019 06:50 PM
    Yes, love the gestures. Since I was already swiping up to show the buttons, just had to learn to swipe up in the correct locations. So it actually took a step away which is great.
    gyounk likes this.
    02-10-2019 11:59 PM
    Gestures are cool, but still a gimmick.
    02-11-2019 04:10 AM
    Don't know if it helps but hidding the navigation bar on pie without gestures is possible. It leaves 3 small bars down the bottom of the screen and all you do is swipe up on the bar to either go to recently,home or back.( Depending on the bar you swipe )

Option is in settings - display - navigation bar - select full screen gestures

If you want to hide the three bars on the bottom turn off gesture hints.

Hope this is what you meant.
    kevinpleasants likes this.
    02-11-2019 04:49 AM
    Gestures are cool, but still a gimmick.
    Only a gimmick of you don't use them. Alot of us use them. Not a gimmick.
    02-11-2019 05:40 AM
    Only a gimmick of you don't use them. Alot of us use them. Not a gimmick.
    I agree. When I call a feature a gimmick, it's usually because it only works part of the time, or it's buggy. That's not the case with the gestures, it works good.
    kevinpleasants likes this.
    02-11-2019 07:14 AM
    Gestures will save humanity. Start getting used to them.
    02-11-2019 10:09 AM
    Don't know if it helps but hidding the navigation bar on pie without gestures is possible. It leaves 3 small bars down the bottom of the screen and all you do is swipe up on the bar to either go to recently,home or back. ( Depending on the bar you swipe )

Option is in settings - display - navigation bar - select full screen gestures

If you want to hide the three bars on the bottom turn off gesture hints.

Hope this is what you meant.
    Um, you have just described gestures.
    pizza_pablo likes this.
    02-11-2019 11:07 AM
    I agree. When I call a feature a gimmick, it's usually because it only works part of the time, or it's buggy. That's not the case with the gestures, it works good.
    Being a gimmick has nothing to do with reliability of function. It has to do with adding a feature that is just new or different (intended to get attention), but doesn't really add anything to the user experience. So if somebody feels gestures are no better than the buttons (or worse), then it would make sense to describe it as a gimmick. Now, of course, if you content it does improve usability, then it would not be a gimmick.
    02-11-2019 11:10 AM
    No sense in arguing, folks. 😊
    Attached Thumbnails The option to hide the navigation bar has disappeared. Why? how can i get that option back?-7723.jpg  
    Beansr519 likes this.
    02-11-2019 12:05 PM
    Um, you have just described gestures.
    So every other swipe action you do on your phone do you consider it as part of the gesture action.
    02-11-2019 09:31 PM
    So every other swipe action you do on your phone do you consider it as part of the gesture action.
    For the navigation bar, you'll notice the options are Navigation buttons or Full screen gestures. And others were pointing out that you could not keep the buttons and still hide the navigation bar as you previously could. What you recommended was enabling the full screen gestures, thus no longer using the buttons from before.
    02-11-2019 09:56 PM