05-14-2019 01:14 PM
70 123
tools
    Not sure if this is common or not . Has anyone else had a problem with your cell being rebooted while you sleep ?

Had it on Do Not Disturb overnight when I picked up my Note 9 the password screen was on.
    03-14-2019 08:29 AM
    I have had problems with my WIFI and 4G connectivity. The range has gone down to where I barely get a connection at work. I am debating getting another phone for a while.
    03-14-2019 08:32 AM
    I have had problems with my WIFI and 4G connectivity. The range has gone down to where I barely get a connection at work. I am debating getting another phone for a while.
    No problems with the WIFI for me but now that you mentioned it I haven't received a call since the update now i see only 2 bars and 4G is not lite
    03-14-2019 08:36 AM
    the only issue I've had is that my texts won't work if I'm on wifi. soon as I turn it off I can send and receive texts. anyone else experience this?
    03-14-2019 10:52 AM
    This might help.
    Followed your video but when I get to the dialer and do the 0X0228X nothing happens
    03-14-2019 10:57 AM
    Followed your video but when I get to the dialer and do the 0X0228X nothing happens
    It's not my video just something I found. But I was able go to *#0228# with no issues on my device.
    03-14-2019 11:02 AM
    It's not my video just something I found. But I was able go to *#0228# with no issues on my device.
    Thanks for letting me know.
    03-14-2019 11:08 AM
    Lol it does look like a rock
    I think it looks like the dog in the background ate some trash, got sick, and ralphed up what you see there
    03-14-2019 11:12 AM
    I really don’t like how the recents can’t be viewed as a list anymore... or am I missing something?

The only bug I noticed is that sometimes a notification, like a text, does not go away right away after viewing.

And maybe it was in my brain, but the window animations seemed slower. I had to reduce the animation scales in developer mode.

R
    pizza_pablo likes this.
    03-14-2019 08:15 PM
    I have something I hate: the video record button isn't a button anymore and you have to go to that actual section now. I've already missed videos because I'm so used to just opening the camera and being able to hit record.
    03-14-2019 09:04 PM
    Not sure how common of an issue it is but I have a thread open about Bluetooth devices disappearing after a shutdown of the device and you have to re-pair all your Bluetooth devices again. Few people have confirmed the issue.
    03-14-2019 09:13 PM
    I really don’t like how the recents can’t be viewed as a list anymore... or am I missing something?

The only bug I noticed is that sometimes a notification, like a text, does not go away right away after viewing.

And maybe it was in my brain, but the window animations seemed slower. I had to reduce the animation scales in developer mode.

R
    You're missing Good Lock, apparently. You have several recents options there, including list view.
    Jrome.brooks likes this.
    03-15-2019 06:18 AM
    I'm having a issue with tethering. It worked fine on oreo . I didn't use it much but when I did it just worked.now I get this error when I try to use it. Any Common Issues With Android Pie Update?-screenshot_20190307-022637_tethering-20provision.jpeg
    03-15-2019 07:02 AM
    Multi- tasking is glitchy AF is like when you swipe up to switch to different apps its too fast the phone cant handle it
    03-15-2019 08:20 AM
    Pi seems to be settling down after a few days. I had one "glitch" and that was my alarm didn't go off. A family member woke me up in a panic thinking I was sick or something. I pulled my phone off the wireless charger and noticed it was on the encryption unlock screen. I thought it odd since the past couple of days it was normal so I thought maybe it re-started on its own. Then I remembered that I had my phone set to Auto Restart every Friday morning at 3 am, though previously it never showed the encryption unlock screen. I turned Auto Restart off and will have to see if it does it again.
    03-15-2019 01:14 PM
    I hate how you can only defer updates so many times before it becomes mandatory and you can't dismiss the notification. Even though I'm afraid of what problems may arise, I guess I will have to update anyway.
    03-15-2019 02:39 PM
    Not sure if this is common or not . Has anyone else had a problem with your cell being rebooted while you sleep ?

Had it on Do Not Disturb overnight when I picked up my Note 9 the password screen was on.
    Perhaps auto restart is enabled by default in Pie.
    03-15-2019 02:49 PM
    I'm glad they updated the UI a little so now it looks like an iphone........
    srbell67 likes this.
    03-15-2019 02:52 PM
    You're missing Good Lock, apparently. You have several recents options there, including list view.
    List view via Good Lock is better than the clunky horizontal scroll, but I still prefer the prior vertical overlap of recent apps, letting you view their titles along the top edge. Much quicker if there are a lot open.
    recDNA likes this.
    03-15-2019 03:23 PM
    Not sure this will help, but try going in to Settings, then Software Update, and then update both PRL and Profile
    03-15-2019 03:26 PM
    Thanks for taking the trouble. God I hate videos. I love step by step instructions. I recognize it is my problem not yours but a video takes 10 minutes to tell me the same as a list in 3.
    TheMiz likes this.
    03-15-2019 03:29 PM
    All in all I am liking the update to Pie and One UI. I like the "Night Mode," except that it makes Android Auto run in dark mode and my car controls cannot turn Android Auto to the bright, day mode. At least there's a quick setting for Night Mode in the pull-down, so it can be easily turned on or off.

I used the Edge apps feature only for People and Calendar when running Oreo, but now Calendar is not an option in Pie, which is a tad disappointing.

I dislike the horizontal scroll for recent apps. I have switched to List view using Good Lock but don't like that as much, as I mentioned in another post.

Contacts are much better: tap once and it opens up with a big photo and quick links to call, text, or email, and as you scroll down for more information the big photo fades to a small photo. Easier to get to the additional info than having to tap on "details" as before.

I'm still exploring it, but those are some of the things I've noticed.
    03-15-2019 03:47 PM
    Is everyone's battery doing better now? Battery life is a big concern for me. Not often, but on oreo I've gotten 4 hours of screen on time with 50% remaining. I would hate to have significantly worse battery life when the update is supposed to improve it
    03-15-2019 04:09 PM
    I don't have those options when i go into software update. I only get the option to check for updates or update over WiFi
    Not sure this will help, but try going in to Settings, then Software Update, and then update both PRL and Profile
    03-15-2019 04:42 PM
    Is there a way to make the back, home, and multi window float. I don't like them being there all the time.
    Attached Thumbnails Any Common Issues With Android Pie Update?-screenshot_20190315-172409_samsung-internet-beta.jpg  
    03-15-2019 05:30 PM
70 123