Any Common Issues With Android Pie Update?

Miljan Milosavljevic

Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
little over 7 hours of screen on on Android Pie.
960bd1958eaf7baabcffd461d1b75b25.jpg

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I've never hard reset any of my phones after big updates and every one of them performs just fine. I'd like to see some evidence that it makes things better, otherwise I can't be bothered to make full backups and ensure nothing gets lost.
My LG V20 Gallery photo editor disappeared after oreo update. It came back on factory reset.

TheMiz

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Not sure if this is common or not . Has anyone else had a problem with your cell being rebooted while you sleep ?

Had it on Do Not Disturb overnight when I picked up my Note 9 the password screen was on.

Carrie Greicar

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
I have had problems with my WIFI and 4G connectivity. The range has gone down to where I barely get a connection at work. I am debating getting another phone for a while.

TheMiz

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I have had problems with my WIFI and 4G connectivity. The range has gone down to where I barely get a connection at work. I am debating getting another phone for a while.

No problems with the WIFI for me but now that you mentioned it I haven't received a call since the update now i see only 2 bars and 4G is not lite

LowDUB

May 7, 2011
Visit site
the only issue I've had is that my texts won't work if I'm on wifi. soon as I turn it off I can send and receive texts. anyone else experience this?

Rhyalus

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site
I really don’t like how the recents can’t be viewed as a list anymore... or am I missing something?

The only bug I noticed is that sometimes a notification, like a text, does not go away right away after viewing.

And maybe it was in my brain, but the window animations seemed slower. I had to reduce the animation scales in developer mode.

R

berfles

Dec 31, 2011
Visit site
I have something I hate: the video record button isn't a button anymore and you have to go to that actual section now. I've already missed videos because I'm so used to just opening the camera and being able to hit record.

Last edited:

strikeIII

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
Not sure how common of an issue it is but I have a thread open about Bluetooth devices disappearing after a shutdown of the device and you have to re-pair all your Bluetooth devices again. Few people have confirmed the issue.

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
I really don’t like how the recents can’t be viewed as a list anymore... or am I missing something?

The only bug I noticed is that sometimes a notification, like a text, does not go away right away after viewing.

And maybe it was in my brain, but the window animations seemed slower. I had to reduce the animation scales in developer mode.

R
You're missing Good Lock, apparently. You have several recents options there, including list view.

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
I'm having a issue with tethering. It worked fine on oreo . I didn't use it much but when I did it just worked.now I get this error when I try to use it. Screenshot_20190307-022637_Tethering%20Provision.jpeg

davisgq

Aug 7, 2014
Visit site
Pi seems to be settling down after a few days. I had one "glitch" and that was my alarm didn't go off. A family member woke me up in a panic thinking I was sick or something. I pulled my phone off the wireless charger and noticed it was on the encryption unlock screen. I thought it odd since the past couple of days it was normal so I thought maybe it re-started on its own. Then I remembered that I had my phone set to Auto Restart every Friday morning at 3 am, though previously it never showed the encryption unlock screen. I turned Auto Restart off and will have to see if it does it again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa