Can I create a second favorite applications panel?

JohnNadeau

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
Second Favorite Applications Panel

Can I create at second Favorite Applications Panel (or download another Panel that will allow me to add the apps I select) ?

I see the Favorite Applications Panel is scroll-able (vertically) when you add more apps, but I'd like to have additional Favorite Apps by flicking to another panel.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Second Favorite Applications Panel

If you're talking about the dock (at the bottom of the homepage), not in TouchWiz. But if you install a different launcher, like Nova Launcher, you can have multiple docks, and more than 4 items on each.

JohnNadeau

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site

On my AT+T Edge, the "second" Favorite Panel appears to be locked (no pencil/edit button at the bottom of it in Manage Panels).

It has the Favorite "star" at the top, but tapping it does not open it for editing (like my first Favorite Panel).

It currently has the following icons:
  • Milk (edited... thought it was a Music icon:)
  • Gallery
  • Drive?
  • SoftCard
  • Folder (with a bunch of AT&T apps in it)
  • GooglePlayStore
  • Calender

Can your second Favorites Panel be customized in your Verizon Edge?

Last edited:

JohnNadeau

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site

Hmmm... maybe this is just an AT&T issue then :(

See screenshot below... there's not an "edit" (pencil) icon at the bottom of my second Favorites Panel.

I tried to uninstall the Panel but it does not show up in the list of panels to uninstall.

Any other AT&T owners out there see same behavior?

Panels.jpg

SHIVA77

Banned
Jan 9, 2012
Visit site

good luck with this. I wonder if it's AT&T or just your phone. I am sure others will chime in.

macolliejr

Jan 10, 2015
Visit site

On all other carriers (U.S anyways) the panel in question is locked and cannot be changed. If it can be edited on Verizon then that's the only carrier I know to be like that. Verizon also held back the Edge weeks-months longer than the others carriers. So I suppose it's possible either Verizon had time to see the complaints from other earlier rollout and tweak their firmware...or they're running a slightly different 4.4.4 than every one else. Personally I'm hoping it's a hint that the next update will give the second apps panel to all of us or unlock the favorites.

Over on XDA someone had alluded to having edge apps and panels in the works but I haven't seen anything as of yet. Last I heard it was 2-3 weeks away and that was 5-6 weeks ago.

Posted via the Android Central App

dellagregg

Dec 24, 2010
Visit site

I was able to take away from but havent been able to add yet to the carrier specific panel. Im on sprint.

rabernet

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site

I'm on Verizon and can also add to both. Didn't realize you couldn't on other carriers.

rabernet

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site

Can't speak for the others but yeah at least AT&T is limited to 7 panels.

Well, I suppose having two panels we can add apps to and a max of 10 panels is some consolation for waiting longer than any other carrier to get the Edge.

macolliejr

Jan 10, 2015
Visit site

Well, I suppose having two panels we can add apps to and a max of 10 panels is some consolation for waiting longer than any other carrier to get the Edge.

Very true. Kudos to Verizon for making customer centric changes. Here's hoping we'll see some of those changes too soon. I know from reading around the single biggest request I see over and over is for a second apps panel.

vasekvi

May 5, 2013
Visit site

I don't think there should be a limit to panels but I personally feel that having more than 4 is too many for me. But I just have a bunch of app shortcuts on the one main panel and I scroll up and down. I have it to where the apps I need to get to quickly are at the top or bottom of the panel if I scroll all the way up or down

Sent from my Samsung GALAXY Note Edge on AT&T

JohnNadeau

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site

That's a good suggestion and work-around. Flicking Up/Down is not that much different than flicking Left/Right so it kind of achieves the same thing. Thanks. I'm hoping they'll eventually fix the one panel so that it "can" be edited, or give us the ability to add more user-customizable panels. I'd still like to have all of my Communication-type apps on one panel, then my Social-type apps on another, etc.

Android Cent

Jan 3, 2015
Visit site
Can I create at second Favorite Applications Panel (or download another Panel that will allow me to add the apps I select) ?

I see the Favorite Applications Panel is scroll-able (vertically) when you add more apps, but I'd like to have additional Favorite Apps by flicking to another panel.

The "Edge Navigation Pro" app has had a major update.

It's existing 2 panels can now act as 2 additional app launcher panels (limited to 4 apps per panel, total 8 apps).
Or it can control system actions such as camera, volume, recents, etc.
Or it can control device settings such as WiFi, Bluetooth, GPS, brightness, etc.

I say "or" because there are a total of 8 positions that can be assigned on the 2 panels (4 per panel). So you could assign 8 apps, or 4 apps and 4 actions, or 2 apps and 6 actions, etc.

link (2nd on the list)