Why is my rear camera extremely blurry?

Penny Miller1

Jul 9, 2015
Visit site
Thank you for the quick fix. My camera on my Note 3 all of the sudden was taking blurry pictures. I followed the instructions to remove back and clean camera eye and clear cache. It is working perfectly now.

Eddie Wingfield

Jul 9, 2015
Visit site
HI Brandi, my camera is the same way, It's blurry for a few seconds then it clears up and I haven't installed the update yet. I just got a message saying that "software update ready to install," did yours start getting blurry after the update?

Blacklac

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
HI Brandi, my camera is the same way, It's blurry for a few seconds then it clears up and I haven't installed the update yet. I just got a message saying that "software update ready to install," did yours start getting blurry after the update?

That's more than likely the same hardware issue many are complaining about. I have that, myself.

Posted via the Android Central App

Eddie Wingfield

Jul 9, 2015
Visit site
Oh wow! I downloaded the first part of the update. I haven't downloaded the second part of the update yet. I'm not sure if I want to because of all the complaints. I'll wait for a few days to see if there will be any positive comments about it.

Blacklac

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
Oh wow! I downloaded the first part of the update. I haven't downloaded the second part of the update yet. I'm not sure if I want to because of all the complaints. I'll wait for a few days to see if there will be any positive comments about it.

The update isn't the issue. It's hardware related. That's why smacking the side of the phone works.

Unless you have a different issue...

Blacklac

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
Re: Extremely Blurry Rear Camera

So I hard reset my device, didn't restore any backups, fwiw. Now my camera focus' nearly immediately again. And prior, hitting the side of the device DID work. So it may be more than just a hardware issue, I dunno.

dgreene915

Aug 4, 2015
Visit site
I read somewhere on the forums also that if you give it a decent shake, it wakes it up a bit, i used to have theis problem all the time, now i give it a decent shakes up and down a couple times and it becomes clear instantly

Phil Gallagher

Aug 19, 2015
Visit site
Remove the silver lens cover gently with a knife and see if the camera is still the same. If the picture is clear then the lens cover is your problem. A new one can be purchased very cheaply on ebay.

SHIVA77

Banned
Jan 9, 2012
Visit site
I got to say, the rear camera is definitely defective on these units and I am surprised that we aren't making more of a stink about it.

I have looked at some of my recent pics in full res and it clearly shows that the camera is not focusing right. Most of the times, it's hard to tell, if you are just looking at the image on your phone screen, but blowing it up at full res will show.

Also, we all know that the camera does not focus at first, you have to shake it, or point it elsewhere to focus and then bring it back to your object, but even after doing that, some of my pics are out of focus.

Yes, I have removed the little sticker on the lens.

n1nj4Lo

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
It's a bug that presents itself in the lollipop update, if you on kitkat and don't update chances are you'll never see the bug or nowhere near as ba, this was discussed all over tmobile forums.

SHIVA77

Banned
Jan 9, 2012
Visit site
It's a bug that presents itself in the lollipop update, if you on kitkat and don't update chances are you'll never see the bug or nowhere near as ba, this was discussed all over tmobile forums.
No, that's wrong. if you look at this thread the issue goes to the first day of release. The problem is with the camera itself and it's not related to the OS version. My camera has had the same problem since I picked it up on the first day of release.

Last edited:

kinjal patel3

Nov 6, 2015
Visit site
Someone told me the rear camera is really good in note 3 n I buyed a new phone as I captured photos of mine all photos were taking blur y so is the note 3 rear camera blur or itz only mine taking blury photos

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa