AT&T Software Update?

Chrstauffe

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
i just want my dang email to work like it did when i first got the phone. i hate the email since it was updated to 4.0.4. this app sucks balls.
it loses me email accounts and cant forward attachments for crap. is it so hard to update this dang built in app.

I tried moving to the aosp email.apk like suggested but i must not have the right one because my phone just went nuts and so i am back on the 4.0.4 POS. :-(

nrm5110

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
i just want my dang email to work like it did when i first got the phone. i hate the email since it was updated to 4.0.4. this app sucks balls.
it loses me email accounts and cant forward attachments for crap. is it so hard to update this dang built in app.

I tried moving to the aosp email.apk like suggested but i must not have the right one because my phone just went nuts and so i am back on the 4.0.4 POS. :-(

You can't just use aosp email app on tw you gotta be on an aosp Rom bro

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

RLangerman

Sep 11, 2012
Visit site
Got the update and installed it, but have no clue what has changed. But then I tried to use Kies and was told my phone was unsupported. I use Kies to backup and to move music onto the phone.....

Looks like AT&T messed this up.

iN8ter

Banned
Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
I mean hardware that doesn't work when using a ROM (ex: camera, wifi connectivity, etc.).

Back to topic, I'm able to download the Isis app (showed up in the Play Store). n8ter, maybe that update was good for something after all. :)

Edit: I spoke too soon...it would give me a "Missing shared library" error. Maybe because I'm not in either city (Salt Lake City or Austin), and I need a special SIM card for it to work. Beans.:(

Yea, I'm losing faith in mobile payments. If Microsoft's mobile payments are supported and work on release of WP8 devices, I'm doing what I can to get one ASAP. The carrier wizardry on Android is becoming a huge issue for me, and I can't be bothered to use a non-LTE Nexus Phone with that nasty stock android UI.

gzbsds

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
Like the rest of you, I'm confused as to what this update was and what other function is was suppose to bring. However, it did install successfully. But, it's no Jellybean. I attempted to install Isis app and keep getting missing library. Only redeeming feature is I'm getting ready to purchase the Note 2 later next month.

rgarcia900

May 31, 2012
Visit site
So far, removes universal search. It adds all the bloatware and you can no longer uninstall them, you can only disable them.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Android Central Forums

lowrider1954

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
I installed update and in same shape with Kies. Screen comes up saying not Supported by Kies 2.0. I put the original ICS back in and still can't get in Kies to restore backup..Might be ATT on this one or might be Kies

oswipee

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
I just had it pop up on my phone. I'm not near a wifi area...so can someone see what kind of updates we're supposed to be getting?

I spoke to Samsung rep about this update. I was told this was a maintenance update to fix few bugs like syncing issues and few others that I forgot.

Red326

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
So far, removes universal search. It adds all the bloatware and you can no longer uninstall them, you can only disable them.

Right? This update sucks @ss! This was the best they could do? Lame sammy just lame!

iN8ter

Banned
Jan 23, 2012
Visit site

:-(

That's why they didn't bother to give us a change log. It's fine though. I upgraded to Windows 8 so I'm looking into a Windows Phone 8 device. Works better with my PC and I won't have to worry about having my phone crippled behind my back anymore.

nrm5110

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
:-(

That's why they didn't bother to give us a change log. It's fine though. I upgraded to Windows 8 so I'm looking into a Windows Phone 8 device. Works better with my PC and I won't have to worry about having my phone crippled behind my back anymore.

I dont have that problem lol roooooooooted and im on linux windows 8 looked neat let me know how well it runs though

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

mtech5

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
This update is junk. Wish I didn't download it. Phone seems buggy and battery life is terrible. Even pulled the battery and a factory reset. Neither helped.

rgarcia900

May 31, 2012
Visit site
I'll probably go back to the official ics with universal search and the ability to remove most crapware...

fastoy

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
I actually think I'm getting BETTER battery usage since the update. I presume that is due to the resetting that was part of the update. I applied it on 10/27/12.

My battery usage is here.

jsarino

VR Expert
Trusted Member
Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
I actually think I'm getting BETTER battery usage since the update. I presume that is due to the resetting that was part of the update. I applied it on 10/27/12.

My battery usage is here.

I picked up a used second Skyrocket in white (for my wife...her Atrix is crapping out) and it's at 2.3.6 and factory reset. Before I move things over, I'm doing the ICS Kies update and software update. I'm hoping that it'll run well since it's going to be done from scratch.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non