Jellybean 4.1.2 available now at kies for att skyrocket

Grampy7

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
Good evening everyone!!!! Jellybean 4.1.2 is now available for download at Samsung Kies. Backup your SR, download the latest kies software, use the usb adapter that you got with your phone, plug your phone into your PC, start Kies and it will bring up the download page to install the new firmware!!! It is updating as I am writing this post. It is upgrading from Android Version:4.0.4/Baseband version I727UCLI3 to Android Version: Jellybean 4.1.2/Band version:I727UCMCI. PLEASE READ FIREWARE INSTRUCTIONS!! Kies says it will take about 5min-30min to install. Good luck to everyone. Hopefully this will fix all the bugs we have been complaining about with ATT !!!!!!!!!! It's been 15 min now and I am at 52%. Grampy7

Grampy7

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
I am not a superuser so I can't answer your question, but under the firmware instruction states that your SR cannot be rooted or altered in any way!! Bascially it states that your phone has got to be stock. The Firmware upgrade # is SGH-I727 Version.12.11.02.01. At 10:42pm it is now complete & booting up to Jellybean & optimizing all the apps. Good Luck.

Grampy7

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
stevenvs are you trying to say KIES or lies.If you meant to say Kies then make sure the kies software is up to date, then start the Kies software ,read the instructions, turn on your phone,plug the usb jack to your phone & then plug the other end into the usb port of your pc, press download in kies & it took over 45min to completely the download.. Let me know. are you completely stock??????

stevenvs

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Yes, Kies, I was using my phone and it autocorrected. I am completely stock. I have used Kies many times before and never had a problem. It is just stuck on connecting, so it is recognizing the phone.

TheBradD

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Did this update last night. Kies sucks. For some reason, Samsung thinks it is perfectly OK for Kies to be pretty much locked up with no status on the screen for over 10 minutes before it starts actually updating the firmware. I was about 10 seconds away from yanking the cable from the phone before the update actually started working. Whoever programmed this software should be brought out back and beaten. On a positive note, the update itself went smoothly once it finally launched.

stevenvs

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
ok, i finally figured out that the newest version of keys is buggy. I uninstalled then reinstalled. When it comes up it will ask you to download the latest version of kies, i just declined, kies detected my phone immediately. However you can't upgrade software without the latest version and in the middle of the screen it says that. Once kies detects your phone hit the "upgrade kies" button in the middle of the page and it should go through from there. Crazy way to do it but pretty easy. So i am now running Jelly bean but Google Play is not working, it just shuts down and says its not responding. Anyone else having this issue?

blackhawk7188

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Updated perfectly fine. Everything runs smooth. Kies was annoying but what can you do. OTA should have been the way but I guess 500mb is a little much to ask for.

jsarino

VR Expert
Trusted Member
Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
They should've offered an OTA option rather than pushing Kies as the only option. I don't plan to do this upgrade (happy with my CM ROM), but would like to hear what you think of 4.1.2 with TouchWiz. :)

DKSTOTT

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
I'm in the US & I'm having 2 issues

#1 Kies keeps asking for me to upgrade to version 2.5.3.13033_7 even after I uninstalled every trace of kies and downloaded Kies from samsung.

#2 when I try to upgrade, I get a message that it "can not stop kies tray agent process, please re-boot your computer"

Did all of that and I get all the same messages

Help!!! I can't upgrade my S2, until all of the above is resolved.

Dave

jludwig57

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Quite the jump from Gingerbread. Swype keyboard is nice. It is interesting. Still getting use to it. Battery life is improved by quite a bit.

deadlock4400

Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
Samsung Kies Latest version is : version 2.5.3.13033_7 But from Samsung website if it is downloaded then the version is not latest. After installed the older version it needs to be updated to version 2.5.3.13033_7. LOL !! then why Samsung put the older version in their webpage ??

April 10th and 11th I tried several time via latest Kies to upgrade AT&T Samsung Galaxy SII Skyrocket Android ICS to Jelly Bean. Everything is installed properly and Kies detect Skyrocket well and also showing the JB firmware. But while I click the update button in Kies the next dialog box come but its transparent and it hang like that only. Nothing else. How disturbing situation??

No Samsung USA official webpage update for Skyrocket announced:
SAMSUNG

Even directly no AT&T announced??
But Kies is showing the update?

blackhawk7188

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I'm in the US & I'm having 2 issues

#1 Kies keeps asking for me to upgrade to version 2.5.3.13033_7 even after I uninstalled every trace of kies and downloaded Kies from samsung.

#2 when I try to upgrade, I get a message that it "can not stop kies tray agent process, please re-boot your computer"

Did all of that and I get all the same messages

Help!!! I can't upgrade my S2, until all of the above is resolved.

Dave

What version of windows are you running? Make sure your antivirus is disabled. Running as an administrator should help if you haven't tried that yet. Worked fine for me the first try, other than having to charge my phone more.

JB seems to run good. Battery life seems a little less than ICS. Root was simple enough and seems to help the batt life a little. Had to install Kii keyboard since JB removed the stock Android keyboard and autocorrect. That's my main grip on it. Messaging app just looks awesome on the skyrocket screen.

LadyRapunzel

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
Quite the jump from Gingerbread. Swype keyboard is nice. It is interesting. Still getting use to it. Battery life is improved by quite a bit.

Your battery life is better? My has gotten much, much worse. Yesterday, the first full day of having Jelly Bean, it dropped by 25% while it was sitting idle on my desk for an hour and a half, which is not at all normal.

I've installed an OS monitor, but it's not showing anything out of the ordinary running in the background. Also, while I was charging it yesterday I got a "Charging paused, battery temperature too high" warning and the phone definitely feels warm to the touch. Wish I knew what was going on.

MrGriffdude

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
Your battery life is better? My has gotten much, much worse. Yesterday, the first full day of having Jelly Bean, it dropped by 25% while it was sitting idle on my desk for an hour and a half, which is not at all normal.

I've installed an OS monitor, but it's not showing anything out of the ordinary running in the background. Also, while I was charging it yesterday I got a "Charging paused, battery temperature too high" warning and the phone definitely feels warm to the touch. Wish I knew what was going on.

You have wake locks

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Android Central Forums

jsarino

VR Expert
Trusted Member
Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
I don't know if any of you did this, but before upgrading, did you consider doing a full wipe prior to installing it?