SGS2 Android Market Problem!

ryan373

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
Guys please help...

I bought a Samsung Galaxy S2 from amazon UK but many of the apps are not appearing in the market, even popular ones like Skype, Whatsapp, ..., when I try to download it after scanning the bar code I get the message "Item Not Found".

FYI in the settings of the Android Market the filter for the Apps is set to "High Maturity" and I tried to change it to show "Everything" but I think it gets reset to "High Maturity" when I close the settings.

So I figured if I reset the Sales Code I could unlock everything.

However when I tried the solution (#*272*IMEI#) on my phone I cannot change the sales code option, I tried pasting the code XSG but when I click Install I get a message "Must be THREE chars."

Please help me to find a solution for this, I dont want to look for each app in softpedia or other websites so I can download popular apps. :':)(

Do you think rooting the phone could be an alternative solution?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

jmelcher

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
Google blocks certain apps in the market based upon your location. Best thing to do is search online, download to PC then move to sd card in phone and install from there.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

chestvrg

Dec 25, 2010
Visit site
I'm wondering if the same thing is going to happen to mine, I put my order in via ExpansysUSA's website. I live in South Florida (Miami) on at&t mobility.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress