Hi. My Samsung Galaxy S10 had an update and now my Yahoo Mail App is throwing an "Authentication Fail" error. I can log into Yahoo.com fine, but the Yahoo Mail App email throws the error.

I don't have this problem on my PC or my laptop, so it's not repeatable on another platform.

So far all I've done to correct is uninstall/reinstall the Yahoo Mail App but problem persists.

Is this a Yahoo Mail App issue or an Android issue????
    07-07-2020 10:09 AM
    Delete the app data, uninstall, restart your phone and install it again.

You could also try installing from the galaxy store instead of the play store.

The best thing to do though would be to stop using Yahoo. It's absolute trash
    07-07-2020 12:05 PM
    Delete the app data, uninstall, restart your phone and install it again.

You could also try installing from the galaxy store instead of the play store.

The best thing to do though would be to stop using Yahoo. It's absolute trash

Tried all of above, still same problem. Is Blue Mail any good??
    07-07-2020 12:45 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Do you have 2-factor authentication turned on for your Yahoo account? If so, you could try turning it off temporarily and see if that helps.

The Gmail app works well as an email client -- have you considered using that?
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    07-07-2020 02:37 PM
    Tried all of above, still same problem. Is Blue Mail any good??
    Tried safe mode?

I haven't used blue mail. As B.Diddy suggested there's Gmail and Samsung email on your phone already.

But I wasn't suggesting getting a new client app, i was suggesting an entirely new provider. Yahoo is trash.
    07-07-2020 02:56 PM
    This is a fairly common issue with Yahoo, both in their app, and in the Samsung Email app. There will occasionally be a period I cannot get the app to authenticate, which is why I transitioned my important mail to Gmail years ago. I keep my less important mail in Yahoo, and the important stuff to Gmail.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    07-07-2020 03:07 PM
    Thanks everyone for the help. Per this site: https://downdetector.com/status/yahoo-mail/map/ there is a Yahoo Mail Outage in my (Los Angeles) area at this time. So, I will move my stuff off Yahoo into a better email program. Cheers.
    B. Diddy and Laura Knotek like this.
    07-07-2020 03:44 PM
    Ah, good idea -- I didn't even think of the server being down!
    07-07-2020 05:47 PM
    Try K9 mail. Free and works good.
    07-08-2020 09:36 AM
    Just to put a ribbon on this thread yesterday the Yahoo Mail App did start working correctly agan, so, apparently it was an outage that lasted for 4 or 5 days. Thanks again for the help.
    mustang7757 and B. Diddy like this.
    07-09-2020 09:52 AM
    Just to put a ribbon on this thread yesterday the Yahoo Mail App did start working correctly agan, so, apparently it was an outage that lasted for 4 or 5 days. Thanks again for the help.
    Glad everything good , marked the thread solved.
    07-09-2020 09:55 AM