I Absolutely ADORE This Phone!

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
That seems odd. I saw for myself Friday that battery life is not as good when I'm using AT&T's network vs. WiFi but it didn't seem dramatic.

The difference is huge for me. On my Note 8 which is 1.5 years old now and still on the original battery, I have 2 days 0 hrs 8 minutes using my T-Mobile sim and the battery is at 55% with two hrs screen time. on AT&T I would barely get 1- 1.5 days out of one charge.

My iPhone XS Max is even more impressive on T-Moile. I last charged my XS Max Tuesday morning and it's just now dropped to 20% battery. ON AT&T Iget about 1.5 days with very little usage.

I have to use WiFi calling at my house on AT&T because I get no signal here in the middle of Denver and it's been that way since 2007 when I first tried them out.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
The difference is huge for me. On my Note 8 which is 1.5 years old now and still on the original battery, I have 2 days 0 hrs 8 minutes using my T-Mobile sim and the battery is at 55% with two hrs screen time. on AT&T I would barely get 1- 1.5 days out of one charge.

My iPhone XS Max is even more impressive on T-Moile. I last charged my XS Max Tuesday morning and it's just now dropped to 20% battery. ON AT&T Iget about 1.5 days with very little usage.

I have to use WiFi calling at my house on AT&T because I get no signal here in the middle of Denver and it's been that way since 2007 when I first tried them out.

I'm surprised at the results also, I have both TMobile and Att and T-Mobile also got me better battery life as well as unlocked version.
Always thought Att was better of the 2 but guess it's by location.

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I'm surprised at the results also, I have both TMobile and Att and T-Mobile also got me better battery life as well as unlocked version.
Always thought Att was better of the 2 but guess it's by location.

I just continue to buy AT&T phones because I can get them for zero down no matter what capacity I choose plus free overnight shipping unlike T-Mobile. I always pay off the AT&T phone very quickly though so I can get them unlocked just like I did with my AT&T Note 9 that I sold at Christmas.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I just continue to buy AT&T phones because I can get them for zero down no matter what capacity I choose plus free overnight shipping unlike T-Mobile. I always pay off the AT&T phone very quickly though so I can get them unlocked just like I did with my AT&T Note 9 that I sold at Christmas.

I agree if you can get good pricing why not ..I unlock mine shortly after also just change firmware as you do

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Would you say that because the AT&T signal is not as strong where you are the phone is expending more energy?
This exactly plus, getting the phone unlocked and installing the unlocked firmware has always improved my battery life as well. There's no bloat installed on the unlocked firmware. It just gets slower updates from Samsung but I'll accept the tradeoff.

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
I would think so ..but also Att has tons of bloat
Yeah, one of the first things I always do is disable a bunch of AT&T bloat.

Speaking of AT&T's network, I find it a bit hokey that on the S10+ it'll often show 5Ge. It's not 5G, as I understand it, so why pretend?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Yeah, one of the first things I always do is disable a bunch of AT&T bloat.

Speaking of AT&T's network, I find it a bit hokey that on the S10+ it'll often show 5Ge. It's not 5G, as I understand it, so why pretend?

I don't blame you disable the bloat lol

5Ge I remember back Att is being sued for this false advertising on device's I believe it's just a enhanced version of 4GLTE

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
I don't blame you disable the bloat lol

5Ge I remember back Att is being sued for this false advertising on device's I believe it's just a enhanced version of 4GLTE
Seems like AT&T is really trying to play on customers' ignorance. They should get sued, and lose, for the 5Ge nonsense. Completely unnecessary.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I am interested in model SM-G975F/DS
Has anyone have comments on this model vs Snapdragon 855?

That's the international version dual SIM.
According to news feeds and what I've seen here it's better performance wise and battery . Are you from US ?
That version will probably get updates security/OS faster then SD 855 .

Edit : SD 855 is better then international

Last edited:

11B1P

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
My only gripe is the screen not preventing touches while in my pocket.

I think we've determined that it is caused by the double tap to wake. I don't have that feature enabled and I carry mine in my pocket all the time and never have accidental touches.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa