S10 plus front camera orientation issue

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

The front camera on my S10 plus has issues figuring out the orientation the picture is taken, whether in landscape or portrait. Therefore sometimes the pictures will save to my gallery sideways or upside down. It seems to especially have trouble in low light conditions. My dad just got a s10 and says his is doing the same thing. Anyone else have this problem? I'm currently dealing with the stressful process of trying to return the phone with Samsung but after hearing my dads has the same issue I may hold off thinking it could be fixed with a software update

Bmarcinczyk14

Mar 26, 2019
Visit site
No one has feedback with their s10 selfie camera? A good test is go in a low light environment and take 4 or so pictures in different orientations and check the saved pictures to see if they came out in the incorrect orientation being sideways.

mck2018

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
The front camera on my S10 plus has issues figuring out the orientation the picture is taken, whether in landscape or portrait. Therefore sometimes the pictures will save to my gallery sideways or upside down. It seems to especially have trouble in low light conditions. My dad just got a s10 and says his is doing the same thing. Anyone else have this problem? I'm currently dealing with the stressful process of trying to return the phone with Samsung but after hearing my dads has the same issue I may hold off thinking it could be fixed with a software update

I have the same issue, not every time but usually the first shot out of a couple will be oriented incorrectly.

Bmarcinczyk14

Mar 26, 2019
Visit site
Just tried this and yep most of my selfies are rotated 90 degrees when I check in the Gallery.

Thanks. Hearing that other people have the same issue is reassuring that it's likely a software glitch that can be fixed with future updates. Now the question is how do we make sure Samsung knows about it so they can look for a fix? Their tech support isn't of much help all they do is ask to reset the phone and if that fails they say return it or take it to a repair store

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress