A software update just took place on my S10, now it is asking for a password.

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Yes and some situations that doesn't work.

Kinda off topic but it's issues like this that reminds me...

What is the best, complete backup and restore app/procedure to use? I'm talking iphone/ipad backup and restore complete.

Would Samsung Switch be that thorough?? I've created a backup with it to my SSD... last backup was March I see (too bad doesn't do auto backups like iOS) but I have never used it so don't know how complete it is.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site

What is the best, complete backup and restore app/procedure to use? I'm talking iphone/ipad backup and restore complete.

Would Samsung Switch be that thorough?? I've created a backup with it to my SSD... last backup was March I see (too bad doesn't do auto backups like iOS) but I have never used it so don't know how complete it is.
Samsung switch is very good from home screen to anything else you backing up, the problem is it's good for that device , be cause if you use your s7 edge back up for your s10 some settings can carry over from s7 edge and create problems. So make new back ups there often , next is Samsung cloud which is very similar to smart switch and then not to forget Google backup which comes from google drive .

Samsung cloud is always Syncing so should be flawless starting from scratch like apple backup .

Adam Frix

Nov 29, 2015
Visit site

Would Samsung Switch be that thorough??

yes. I backup to both Samsung Switch and to the Samsung cloud--and I get everything back, just like it was.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I cloned my S10+ setup back to a new S9+ without any problem.
It probably will as thats a little newer the s9+, just letting it out to be aware settings from that phone can transfer over and cause some settings in your phone to grey out , its happened before and helped some with this issue.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I'm not sure if you guys seen my post awhile ago about making backup from various places , because I seen lot people get burned not doing so .

Adam Frix

Nov 29, 2015
Visit site
I'm not sure if you guys seen my post awhile ago about making backup from various places , because I seen lot people get burned not doing so .

Well, that's just good practice no matter what.

I have nothing on my phone proper that's irreplaceable. Apps--they all get re-downloaded and set up. That's it. Photos and music are on my SD card, and of course the photos all get sent UP to the cloud as they're taken and the music is simply copied from my computer.

A factory reset might cost me a bit of time setting up a few apps from scratch, but that's it.

Do people use their phones to store things that aren't anywhere else??

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Funny how they call factory resetting a fix, when fixing it would mean not having to reset at all.

Also interesting is how they claim it's a Verizon version problem when most posts here are with AT&T.

But at least we have some sort of conformation that this is a real problem.
Yeah I agree

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Ahh... did read through this thread thoroughly so didn't know AT&T also. Then Samsung botched it.

It could still be a carrier issue, if the update hasn't caused any issues with carrier-agnostic unlocked phones. Maybe Verizon and AT&T add some kind of common bloatware app that interacts badly with something in the update?

Lobwedgephil

Trusted Member
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
It could still be a carrier issue, if the update hasn't caused any issues with carrier-agnostic unlocked phones. Maybe Verizon and AT&T add some kind of common bloatware app that interacts badly with something in the update?

Well the unlocked versions haven't received the update yet.