a decent File Manager?

siglerm

Mar 14, 2020
Visit site
I have a file manager that is based on ASUS that now closes every time I try to access videos. I have read reviews that says others have seen this as well. What File Manager would you recommend for your S10+? Can I install a new file manager, then uninstall my current one without it touching my SD card or do I need to remove the card first while performing this change?

anon(10614692)

Jun 26, 2019
Visit site
I use Samsung's My Files which is already built into the OS. Removing an existing file manager won't affect your data. If you need a file manager that works across a network, x-plore or Astro are good

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
I agree with Mustang, Samsung file manager is pre installed and works great. Give it a try.

Nothing against Mustang, he's a very helpful guy, but let's give Galactic Zoo a little credit here lol. I didn't bother replying originally because their answer was so concise.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I think it never hurts to have multiple responses, even if they're all in agreement -- the more the merrier!;) The validity of the initial response gets reinforced. But yes, Galactic Zoo's response, as always, was a good one!

astrodan13

Jun 26, 2015
Visit site
Sorry Galactic Zoo! I totally missed your comment! And you were the first! My darned speed reading lol!
I think it never hurts to have multiple responses, even if they're all in agreement -- the more the merrier!;) The validity of the initial response gets reinforced. But yes, Galactic Zoo's response, as always, was a good one!

Dooki

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
personally, find a pre CM owned es file explorer. apk mirror will have it.
I have the pro version and won't use it. still makes me mad.
other than that, the stock has worked fine for me. fx has, or at least had, a good reputation. but the others mentioned are also good apps.

jtfwTX

Jun 6, 2013
Visit site
I use Solid explorer as well. Just like the look/feel/themes. Nothing wrong with Samsung My files at all - just preferences. I haven't explored Samsung's that much - I like how I can have bookmarks to my folders, etc.

CharlesCC2

Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
Another vote for Solid Explorer. Love the interface, especially with effectively being able to have two viewing windows to use (would be comparable to having two file explorer windows open in Windows). So if you're moving files out of one folder you can have that up, then do a quick slide left and get another instance of the file browser where you're navigating other windows. It's very convenient. It also works very well and easily with connecting to network storage devices such as SMB NAS devices and Windows folders that are shared from a PC to the network.