Videos and photos in wrong order in gallery when trying to post in instagram??

Lozziilou

May 26, 2020
Visit site
I smart switched over to S20 Ultra from OnePlus everything was fine until I went to post on Instagram and all my gallery is jumbled up! Videso are just sorted randomly. Can anyone help?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Have you edited any of the videos? If so, it might be listing them in the order of most recently edited.

Last edited:

Lozziilou

May 26, 2020
Visit site
Hi, yes the photos in gallery are ok.. but videos I've just checked are all out of order.

I smart-switched over to S20 Ultra from OnePlus everything was fine until I went to post on Instagram and all my gallery is jumbled up! I then went into the video folder in my gallery and it is the same there. Videos are just sorted randomly in between photos. Can anyone help?

Last edited by a moderator:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Are the video filenames whatever the camera app assigned? Or have you modified those at all? Just wondering if they might be sorting alphanumerically by filename.

Lozziilou

May 26, 2020
Visit site
When I go into the gallery... all seems to be fine. Its when I go to post into instagram and facebook its the videos which are all out of place.
Not sure why in the gallery they would be in order but opening gallery in instagram/facenoom it's a mess?

Lozziilou

May 26, 2020
Visit site
Looking at the details they are just mp4 files. Found in internal storage/DCIM.

Some are labelled VID and some saved from snapchat. They do seem to be organised with the title (by number) although I have sorted them on the gallery by decending. And doesn't seem to have made a difference :-(

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Ok, so what I'm wondering is if the way Instagram sorts them corresponds to the filenames. Are you saying that when you sort by filename in your file manager app, the order still doesn't correspond to how you see it in Instagram?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Looking at the details they are just mp4 files. Found in internal storage/DCIM.

Some are labelled VID and some saved from snapchat. They do seem to be organised with the title (by number) although I have sorted them on the gallery by decending. And doesn't seem to have made a difference :-(
Are you trying access photos by the circle in my screen shot or bottom in Instagram?20200526_161337.jpeg

Lozziilou

May 26, 2020
Visit site
Yes they are fine in the "gallery" app it seems. If i click on videos or photos etc. But even if i click sort and go back to instagram they are still jumbled.... :-(

" choose from photos" doesnt appear in mine

I deleted all the videos and restored them and now my photos are also not in order now !!

Last edited by a moderator:

Lozziilou

May 26, 2020
Visit site
No its not working lol! I think i need to redo my smart switch lol ! Annoying as its my first samsung i just wanted it to be smooth switch over :-(

RickMG

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
I'm having the exact problem. I have just regular photos that are in order when I look in the gallery, but when I go to upload them to Facebook and it opens the gallery, only the most recent day or so are on top. The rest are all over the place. I've been screenshotting the ones I want to post so they are first when I go to post but that's a pain. I thought I was the only one, but this has happened as long as I've had the phone two months ago).