Scrolling problems in Chrome

TheGoodNamesAreGone

Jun 15, 2016
Visit site
Every so often when I'm scrolling in Chrome, I get a freeze where it suddenly stops scrolling. I exit Chrome and close it out of recently used apps and open it back up again and it will scroll normal for a while and then freeze again. Anyone have similar problems? Mine is a regular S20.

smvim

May 16, 2014
Visit site
Are you experiencing any similar lagging or performance problems with other apps on your S20? If yes that does indicate there could be a problem with your phone, in this case look into Samsung Experience. The launcher would be a likely source for general user interface glitches.
If no, and the problem is just happening with the Chrome app, at least there's just the one app to look into. Have you tried Force stopping the app and Clearing its cache? If that doesn't help, a more drastic measure is to use the app's Clear data option. This wipes the app's configuration and settings files so it's not something to use unless necessary. Clear data will return the Chrome app back to its original, first-time used state
Do you have your Chrome app set up to sync with your desktop/laptop Chrome browser? Also, do you have a lot of extensions installed in your Chrome app?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Every so often when I'm scrolling in Chrome, I get a freeze where it suddenly stops scrolling. I exit Chrome and close it out of recently used apps and open it back up again and it will scroll normal for a while and then freeze again. Anyone have similar problems? Mine is a regular S20.
Hi, sometimes clearing cache and force stop the app can fix glitches, is the app up to date ?

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site

Seems to be a known issue with Google Chrome...

[FONT=&quot]Chrome Android freezing[/FONT]

I experienced this on my Ultra 5G and I have now temporarily installed the Google Canary version of Chrome which does not appear to suffer from screen freeze. Hopefully, a fix will filter down to the Chrome version in the near future.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site

[FONT=&quot]Chrome Android freezing[/FONT]

I experienced this on my Ultra 5G and I have now temporarily installed the Google Canary version of Chrome which does not appear to suffer from screen freeze. Hopefully, a fix will filter down to the Chrome version in the near future.
Ahh..if that's the case can Uninstall the update to Chrome and don't let it auto update unyil.next version comes out.

TheGoodNamesAreGone

Jun 15, 2016
Visit site
I thought about changing to a different browser and Uninstaller Chrome altogether, but I've got all kinds of important stuff bookmarked on it and don't wanna go through it all again one by one.

justafew

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site

[FONT="]Chrome Android freezing[/FONT][/COLOR][/URL]

I experienced this on my Ultra 5G and I have now temporarily installed the [URL="https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.chrome.canary"]Google Canary
version of Chrome which does not appear to suffer from screen freeze. Hopefully, a fix will filter down to the Chrome version in the near future.

I've been having this issue occassionally as well. Not enough to be frustrating yet, but it has happened some. I am even using Chrome Beta and have the issue. I may have to try Canary for a bit to see if it helps.