WOW! Samsung lowering S21 shipments from 35m to 26m! Samsung customers have spoke. The S21 is a flop

Ianmb

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Wifes Phantom Violet S21+ came in today. Haven't even set it up yet, she wants to get a case on it before we swap everything over.

L0n3N1nja

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
Considering Samsung didn't drop S21 shipments from 31M to 26M, which I didn't realize until I read the article, I think the thread post is misleading and click bait.

It was the S20 that had 31M units and they expect fewer because the S20 didn't sell well. This in no way indicates the S21 is a flop and I won't even waste my time opening this click bait again.

aggie

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
Troll much?
They are basing their estimated production off s20 sales. Smart business strategy considering we are still in the midst of a pandemic. I don't care what the sales numbers are. This phone addresses nearly every issue I had with the s20 Ultra and Note 20 Ultra.

Last edited:

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
I have to agree with aggie somewhat.

I can see the number needing to be cut even more than they're estimating if you break it down just a little.

>Lack of headphone jack and now SD.

>Not much of an upgrade from the S20, even though they fixed or addressed issues the S20 had.

>The pandemic, stay at home orders and unemployment. Income vs Wants

>Uncertain political climate, in the US anyway. When people worry they spend less and try to save more.

Now if someone would just explain to me what happened to Sony and the PS5 that would be great.

Kizzy Catwoman

Ambassador
Feb 2, 2017
Visit site
Hi guys. We need to keep it friendly in here please. S21 series looks to be a great phone. Not for my budget but I am happy for those who will buy it and enjoy it.

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
Yeah, actually. Considering Apple just smashed sales with over $100 billion. Apparently the pandemic is making them sell more phones

Yeah that's Apple. Apple people would buy the new iphone even if it meant putting up their first born. People are tied to that ecosystem.

Android doesn't have that luxury.

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Good. I hope production gets lowered more for unsuccessfully trying to pull one over Samsung customers.

Is the Galaxy S21 a flop? Samsung adjusts shipment expectations
https://www.tomsguide.com/news/is-the-galaxy-s21-a-flop-samsung-adjusts-shipment-expectations

You have a right to your opinion , but everyone else has a right to their opinion to. I'm sure everyone here knows what they want in an phone. So if you don't like a phone fine. But just because you don't like it. That does not mean others will not like it either. So as the old saying goes. Buy what you love , be happy with what you buy.

corvette72778

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
You don't like this phone do you?

To be honest I HATE what Samsung did. They pulled a play out of Apples playbook. Improved the phone in some areas (CPU, camera, asthetics and design) at the expense of the most liked features (by many) that made the Galaxy different from every other phone on the market: MST, micro SD not to mention made the screen smaller and shorted you a charger. I use MST everyday in places that don't have NFC. I would have to change aspects in my life by carrying a wallet again if I bought a phone like this price of sh#t.

Samsung gutted the phone to make it cheap like Apple.

It's also overweight.

Between my SD card that I have just carried forward each year and the phones local storage I have nearly a terabyte of data/videos/pictures. The largest capacity S21 can not handle this. I am pissed off at Samsung. If their is a boycott of 2021 phones customers can force Samsung's hand. Probably won't bring back MST but I believe it's greater than 50% micro SD will be brought back because of millions in lost phone sales.

I generally buy the Note but the S21 is a good indicator of what the Note will have and it appears that MST is permanently gone and micro SD won't be available ever again. I'll be holding my Note 20 Ultra for a long time.

Sapient

Sep 29, 2010
Visit site
It must be exhausting having to tell everyone about every product you don't want to buy. How many days does a quick trip to Target take?

Wouldn't it be more pleasant to simply talk about the phone you did choose? There is probably a forum for it, where like-minded people can share tips and experiences.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Probably because he values the features that Samsung removed. There's a lot of people unhappy about Samsung decision to gut the S21 and remove features to make it cheap. Just go on any social media and you'll see.
I didn't get the phone and think they did a great job in key areas.

corvette72778

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
It must be exhausting having to tell everyone about every product you don't want to buy. How many days does a quick trip to Target take?

Wouldn't it be more pleasant to simply talk about the phone you did choose? There is probably a forum for it, where like-minded people can share tips and experiences.

I wanted to buy the Note 21 since I have bought every Note since the Note II with the exception of the Note 5 which was gutted just like the S21 was. I even bought the S7 and S8 after the fired up Note 7. Remember the S6/Note 5? Big drop in sales cause Samsung to bring back the micro SD slot.

Based on the S21 there is 100% chance I will stop doing annual upgrades with Samsung phones. How long do you think I can realistically not upgrade? 5 years?

I'm part of the revolt and boycott of the featureless S21/Note 21 to force Samsungs hand into bringing features back. 😉😁

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Probably because he values the features that Samsung removed. There's a lot of people unhappy about Samsung decision to gut the S21 and remove features to make it cheap. Just go on any social media and you'll see.
Another thing , I'm a Note guy and if they discontinue it Im not going make threads or go soc media and blast Samsung, just simply going get what I see in the market .

corvette72778

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Another thing , I'm a Note guy , Im not going make threads or go soc media and blast Samsung, just simply going get what I see in the market .

I'm a Note guy too but not this year. Just like 2015 when they gutted the S6/Note 5.

I will absolutely blast Samsung for the poor decisions they have made. You dont have to but I will. I don't want a cheap phone. Otherwise I would go buy something else.

jlangner

Oct 9, 2016
Visit site

Sounds like just wants others to agree with him on why he doesn't like S21. I think he has a Note so even if there is another Note, I would guess same thing will happen to note.