Verizon preorder thread

jmk32

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I was going to order the 1TB version on Samsung.com but the trade offer for my Note 20 Ultra was horrific (only $380) which made that phone way too expensive for me (over $50/month), so I went to my local Verizon store and they beat the Samsung deal for the 512gb version (which was $800), offering me a loyalty discount of $1000 trade in and my monthly payment will be like $6, so I had to do that.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Well apparently no Verizon people are upgrading to the S23.

For the ones that are, when you see Samsung and the other carriers shipping already, don't get excited Verizon track record shows they will wait till the 15th to ship. Verizon's belief is "good things come to those who wait".

Sent from my SM-F936U1 using Tapatalk

uvarules

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Well apparently no Verizon people are upgrading to the S23.

For the ones that are, when you see Samsung and the other carriers shipping already, don't get excited Verizon track record shows they will wait till the 15th to ship. Verizon's belief is "good things come to those who wait".

Ha, ha. Went VZ this time rather than unlocked. Figure my time is worth the $500 delta. Funny thing for the first time back in November , VZ shipped my wife her new Iphone 14 via UPS with no signature required. First time ever thats happened not using the FedEx signature delivery....

Sent from my SM-S906U1 using AC Forums mobile app

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Ha, ha. Went VZ this time rather than unlocked. Figure my time is worth the $500 delta. Funny thing for the first time back in November , VZ shipped my wife her new Iphone 14 via UPS with no signature required. First time ever thats happened not using the FedEx signature delivery....

I think Verizon uses both. I don't know what determines who they use

h2ofun

Sep 7, 2017
Visit site
How did you get the offering me a loyalty discount of $1000 trade in instead of the 800 ? We have been on verizon for like 20 years, and we are looking to trade in a ton of phones. Did you get this from the store? On line? ??

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
How did you get the offering me a loyalty discount of $1000 trade in instead of the 800 ? We have been on verizon for like 20 years, and we are looking to trade in a ton of phones. Did you get this from the store? On line? ??
I just went to the my Verizon app and ordered. It said $800 year in but after entering trade info in the cart it said $1,000 trade in allowance.

Sent from my SM-X800 using Tapatalk

h2ofun

Sep 7, 2017
Visit site
I called verizon and it looks like it depends on the trade in. We would be trading in Note 8's which is may be the oldest note for the extra 200 bucks is the note 9. :( What are you trading in?

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I called verizon and it looks like it depends on the trade in. We would be trading in Note 8's which is may be the oldest note for the extra 200 bucks is the note 9. :( What are you trading in?
Note 9. Figured this is last year to get decent trade in on that dinosaur.

I know you would like to get the extra $200 more, but $800 for a note 8 is still good.

ZachMonst4r

Aug 27, 2019
Visit site
So I am ready to jump coming from my Note 10+. However I have an older 8gb plan with rollover that I barely touch monthly. So my options were just to pay in full at 33/m, or I could trade in an old device and get the 800/trade in or 11/m if I wanted to do that however the Verizon rep said I would have to change to an unlimited plan and it would cost me 50 more per month after the 36m payments so it would be overkill to pay that much in the future just to save now. Just walked into Best Buy and the rep said I can do to VZ basic unlimited for 70/m which is the same I pay now? And with trade in of any working phone (trying to snag a clean s7 under 50 on FB) I get the 800/trade in and 100 Gift card to Best Buy. And also keep my Note 10+. Pretty stoked! It's been awhile. Just wish the VZ rep didn't lie to me and try to get me to pay more for no reason... Sorry for the paragraph haha. So Excited!!

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
So I am ready to jump coming from my Note 10+. However I have an older 8gb plan with rollover that I barely touch monthly. So my options were just to pay in full at 33/m, or I could trade in an old device and get the 800/trade in or 11/m if I wanted to do that however the Verizon rep said I would have to change to an unlimited plan and it would cost me 50 more per month after the 36m payments so it would be overkill to pay that much in the future just to save now. Just walked into Best Buy and the rep said I can do to VZ basic unlimited for 70/m which is the same I pay now? And with trade in of any working phone (trying to snag a clean s7 under 50 on FB) I get the 800/trade in and 100 Gift card to Best Buy. And also keep my Note 10+. Pretty stoked! It's been awhile. Just wish the VZ rep didn't lie to me and try to get me to pay more for no reason... Sorry for the paragraph haha. So Excited!!
Verizon rep probably didn't lie to you they probably just didn't know. That's common

D

Deleted member 1065517

Ordered green S23 Ultra Feb 5th and still have the option to cancel. Feb 17th arrival date. Not expecting VZW to be super quick with deliveries.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Ordered green S23 Ultra Feb 5th and still have the option to cancel. Feb 17th arrival date. Not expecting VZW to be super quick with deliveries.
Verizon will start shipping the week of the release date. The reps will tell you it will ship the 17th, but most will ship starting the Tuesday before. If it ships Thursday 16th it is usually overnight shipping then. If versions website shows 17th that means they still have availability and you will get it. One thing can be said about Verizon, they are consistent and have accurate availability status. Look over the Samsung preorder post and deliver dates you already see confusion of shipping dates printing shipping labels, dates changing, going to backorder on app but deliver 17th on the website. You don't get that as much with Verizon, usually just sit back drink your coffee and wait. Usually want Verizon contusion it comes from the reps which Samsung reps cause confusion also so that's a match.

uvarules

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Verizon will start shipping the week of the release date. The reps will tell you it will ship the 17th, but most will ship starting the Tuesday before. If it ships Thursday 16th it is usually overnight shipping then. If versions website shows 17th that means they still have availability and you will get it. One thing can be said about Verizon, they are consistent and have accurate availability status. Look over the Samsung preorder post and deliver dates you already see confusion of shipping dates printing shipping labels, dates changing, going to backorder on app but deliver 17th on the website. You don't get that as much with Verizon, usually just sit back drink your coffee and wait. Usually want Verizon contusion it comes from the reps which Samsung reps cause confusion also so that's a match.

Spot on. I've been doing this with VZ since they were GTE and I had a $.25 a minute bag phone in the 80s.

Honestly I can't remember the last time I talked to a VZ rep or walked into a VZ store. Maybe 10 or 12 years ago..

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Spot on. I've been doing this with VZ since they were GTE and I had a $.25 a minute bag phone in the 80s.

Honestly I can't remember the last time I talked to a VZ rep or walked into a VZ store. Maybe 10 or 12 years ago..

Some people in here might not know what you're talking about on bag phone and $.25 a minute.

jmk32

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site

I went to the store and asked what I'm eligible for with my Note 20 Ultra. At first they said $800, but then the rep checked some promo page and saw the $1000 trade in (for a whole bunch of older Samsung phones eligible)