So glad I didn't get the HTC One X

Mikest

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
Can you please:

(1) Post the link clearly showing that this article was written in 2011.

(2) And quote the post in which Mr. O'Quinn uses and cites this 2011 article.

You raise a good point, the portion of the pages that says it was written in 2011 is from a third party. I'll wait until Samsung confirms the article written by a third party about issues commonly known about Amoled screens is written by a third party.

This thread needed more nonsense

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

tohio

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Year wrong date right. It was 2112 not 2011, July 12 not the 11 th as stated by O'Quinn. Still waiting for the Samsung documents. Still no proof from Mr. O'Quinn that Samsung ever said they would take responsibility for the burn in (Samsung doc or site, not third party info). His references all cite others rather than direct evidence form Samsung.

sniffs

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
Only 1 place on the vr-zone.com link in question has 2011 and it's at the very bottom, the copyright line.

Chosun's link, just look at the url itself, /2012/07/12/2012071201281.html

That's the date it was written. Either I'm completely blind, or there needs to be more L2internet.

Reactions: dmmarck

s14tat

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
You know one thing that this post DOES show us?...

We can all have an adult discussion with out jumping down each others throats. This is one of the reasons its still alive. Different people from all over disagreeing....BUT we are not willing to kill each other! I do like that. Now if all of our threads could be like this....Or hell just in real life! Life would be sweet!

Either way I am for one enjoying the thread for what its worth personally. So I do want to give a shout out to the forums mods seeing that also. Even if we may disagree on things.

Thank you everyone for being calm about that. :)

You should see this other thread about the GS3 vs One X before the GS3 came out officially. There was this serious troll that I was having a constant debate about, and I felt I drilled my point across and I respectfully stopped posting because by that point it was pointless.

That guy went on and on like some crazy person, well he got banned shortly after and all order was restored. Till this day I still felt like my predictions of how the GS3 was almost spot on.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
back to the ext sd slot.. i dont think thats holding back progress, its only for media. in googles ideal world, all our media would be on the cloud and streamed to our phone but its the carriers that are holding that back, not samsung

Ricky Babalu

BEACH BUM
Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
woohoo i live in y scotland... my brightnes is always at or below about 10% :) in your face beautiful sunny places your screen is gona bbuuurrrnnn :p

Yeah it sucks to live Sunny California, enjoying the beautiful babes at the beach with virtually nothing on, awesome weather year round, laid back lifestyle. :p:p:p

Wanna trade places?:p:p

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
back to the ext sd slot.. i dont think thats holding back progress, its only for media. in googles ideal world, all our media would be on the cloud and streamed to our phone but its the carriers that are holding that back, not samsung

It also involves manufacturers building support for the file system into android, since it's not supported natively. So it adds to the time it takes to get updates.

Sent from my One X using Android Central Forums

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
Year wrong date right. It was 2112 not 2011, July 12 not the 11 th as stated by O'Quinn. Still waiting for the Samsung documents. Still no proof from Mr. O'Quinn that Samsung ever said they would take responsibility for the burn in (Samsung doc or site, not third party info). His references all cite others rather than direct evidence form Samsung.

Owners manual quoted in the article is enough for me. The date is not wrong, you are.

I'll let the attorney explain why/how the copyright date can be different than the date the article is posted.

FYI the date is automatically posted by the blogging software, not the person writing the article.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
Yeah it sucks to live Sunny California, enjoying the beautiful babes at the beach with virtually nothing on, awesome weather year round, laid back lifestyle. :p:p:p

Wanna trade places?:p:p

NO i love living in this cold grey place with rain pissing on my head and junkies walkin around like zombies :)

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Owners manual quoted in the article is enough for me. The date is not wrong, you are.

I'll let the attorney explain why/how the copyright date can be different than the date the article is posted.

FYI the date is automatically posted by the blogging software, not the person writing the article.

Not until you pay my retainer...

Generally--and I'm a tax guy, not an IP guy--you'll copyright the entire thing, which includes any and all content contained therein. Presumably, like any other copyright, it's "in force" from the stated date (2011) until it expires (which I think is some crazy time period after the author/copyright holders death, like 60-70 years?). I don't know anything about copyright law and the nuances of the internet, however, but that date has absolutely no bearing on the date of publication of that article, nor any bearing upon any dates contained substantively therein.

Reactions: sniffs

Ricky Babalu

BEACH BUM
Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
Just visited the HTC One X Forum. Anyone who might be considering getting the One X over the S III should read the problems those guys are having with the One X. I had seriously considered getting the One X but for once I made the right phone decision in getting the S III.

To the OP, I am still perplexed as to why this thread garnered such heated debate. I have seen numerous posts such as yours without the controversy. You came on here to advise others to research between phone X and Y: And why you decided to choose phone Y based on (your opinion). If you had posted in the HTC One X forum I can understand members being upset, but you did not. At no time do I see any bashing, trolling, or disrespect in your original post? For what it's worth I am extremely happy with my SIII as well!!!
:D:D:D:D

Vacmfuzzy

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
To the OP, I am still perplexed as to why this thread garnered such heated debate. I have seen numerous posts such as yours without the controversy. You came on here to advise others to research between phone X and Y: And why you decided to choose phone Y based on (your opinion). If you had posted in the HTC One X forum I can understand members being upset, but you did not. At no time do I see any bashing, trolling, or disrespect in your original post? For what it's worth I am extremely happy with my SIII as well!!!
:D:D:D:D

Take a look at his second post; he's the one who took offense at the mod's reply.

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
To be honest, once you became an apologist for the HTC One X I haven't given much credence to your posts. Your article about multitasking in which you stated the problem was by design therefore not an issue was ridiculed by a multitude of posters in that thread. Strange that the person who defended the HTC One X's multitasking issue has so many problems with a Galaxy S3. Hmmmmmm........... BTW, did you return the phone from hell for another?

To be honest, once you created this thread, no one gave any credence to any of your posts.

Rev2010

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site

I don't agree with this at all, but that's because media is an important aspect for a LOT of phone users today. I personally have a separate MP3 player, but lot's of people use their phone solely for:

Listening to their extensive music collection
Watching TV show episodes and movies while on their commute
Holding all of their precious photos

etc.

I do however use my phone to load up a bunch of 1280x720p movies that I ripped from my music collection, though I only watch them while on flights mainly. i also have all my photos on my phone. There is no way in hell at this point that 16gb would cut it for me anymore. Worked ok for my iPhone 3G but that was a long time ago and the screen's resolution was way smaller and I had way less photos.

These days I will never again buy a phone with a small amount of built in memory without an ExtSD card slot. Not to mention we have data limits on our plans so cloud streaming is futile. I don't want to pay exorbitant overage fees, no thank you! Plus, I can't cloud stream while on the subway or on an airplane.

Rev.

tohio

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site

The site you referenced is the newspaper's English language site. look at the the date on the bottom. No mention of copyright. Game set match. Now if we are done playing silly games about the date how about the Samsung cites admitting responsibility for the burn in? You say the owners manual is good enough for you. What owners manual. You haven't linked anything to a Samsung manual that proves your point. And whether you accept a third party reference to a manual or not is moot. You are trying to convince me, not yourself (otherwise why the multiple post regarding the subject)? Convincing yourself of something you already believe is circular reasoning. You can not provide a Samsung cite for what you claim, period.

Let's cut to the chase.
You own a HTC One X. You are defending it despite numerous examples of its greater number of problems than the S III.

You claim comparing a phone side by side is enough to make a purchase and you diminish the importance of consulting a device forum before making the purchase.

You cite S III forum problems that are by and large user or app issues and claim that that represents a problem phone.

You claim a screen burn in issue with the S III when there are virtually no reports of the issue in the forum. Certainly nothing on the scale of the HTC One's multitasking, battery drain, WIFI issues, etc, etc.
http://forums.androidcentral.com/htc-one-x/167292-official-htc-one-x-bugs-thread.html

For some reason you seem to think it is wrong for me to express my opinion that I'm glad I didn't buy the One X and you don't think I was helping anyone by telling them to read the HTC One X forum before buying that phone.

Your buddy disappeared from this thread after being called out on his false claim that haptic settings not sticking was a wide spread problem with the S III. Now you can't produce proof that Samsung has agreed that they are responsible for screen burn in (those who really want the facts will not accept third party information as coming form Samsung). As alluded to by other posters, your adamant defense of the HTC One X certainly rules out any semblance of impartiality as a moderator in a Samsung Galaxy S3 forum.

Last edited:

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site

It also involves manufacturers building support for the file system into android, since it's not supported natively. So it adds to the time it takes to get updates.

Furthermore, it has been brought to my attention that this causes other issues as well. Specifically with what dev's specify is to be used for storage.

Check out THIS page for exactly what I'm trying (somewhat successfully LOL) to explain.

If the Dev specifies that internal storage be used, but an external SD is present, that will override the dev's decision. This is cause for serious concern because the way it's implemented now breaks the app encryption that Google introduced with Jelly Bean. Security is the main reason Google dropped support for the FAT file system in the first place.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buchenzo