Wifi pop up

johnnyshinta

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
I keep getting a message asking I want to connect to Wifi when I launch certain apps. I have the pop ups disabled under Wifi settings. Is this happening to anyone else?

walcolm

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site
the WiFi pop up is just to let you know the particular app in question works better when you're connected to a WiFi. a prime example is the Google map. it doesn't mean you cant ignore the WiFi connect prompt and i don't think its a problem

johnnyshinta

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
It pops up with ok which turns on Wifi. Always which I guess means it won't ask next time and ask me later. No option to not ask.

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I also find this popup particularly annoying and now have 4G which is much faster than my home WiFi. I have turned all the WiFi settings off and wish this popup had a "Don't ask me again" option.

I have the Verizon version and this code attempts to dial a number instead of bringing up a special setting. I am sure Verizon just wants to get you to use WiFi instead of wireless data.

Any other way to turn it off would be greatly appreciated.

blade22222

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Yes, it just turns off the pop ups. Been running this way for a month and all is good.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

WarER4X

Feb 1, 2010
Visit site
I will go on the record to say I DO NOT like the pop-up. Thanks to this thread, it is no longer bothering me. I wish that they had not put the persistent WiFi on/off in the notifications; I would have rather had it as a toggle setting at the top of the notification bar with all of the other toggles. That's pretty lame, VZW; pretty lame, indeed.

-SR-

PS: Considering how very awesome this phone is, these are definitely minor nits for me. Oh well, I'm sure I'll get bored some day and root it.

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
Op, if you're on Sprint its probably the "Sprint Automatic Connection" that is by default enabled. Disable that and you should be good. Good luck! :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87