Any SIII owners trading up for a Note II?

jroc

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
Hardware wise it sounds great but for me it is way to large to use as a phone. I refuse to wear my phone in a holster on my belt and the note is a no go for anything short of cargo pants. I love gadgets but when the practicality becomes a factor i have to pass. My s3 is pushing the limits of what is acceptable to me as it is. If it had squared off corners or was thicker i probably would not be using one now. But if you don't mind the cellphone fanny pack or you happen to be Bigfoot's live child I say go for it.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

I dont have a GS3...but I feel the exact same way. I said the exact same thing at another forum and I got jumped on by a Note fan or something...lol. I compared it, my RAZR, a Bionic and an Inc 4G last week. The GS3 might be the absolute max I would go. I also feel the Inc 4G, 4" is too small now.

The Note and Note 2...I feel ppl like that its a tablet that can also make calls. I like the extra screen real estate...I have Netflix. But overall...the Note and Note 2 are too big for me. I am in a dying breed that actually puts the phone to their ear to make/receive calls. :p I do have a Blue tooth ear piece .....eventually I might have to break it out more if these phones keep getting bigger.

Last edited:

drakeit

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
I'll get one hopefully if it's out when my contract gives me a new phone.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Android Central Forums

anon(161369)

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Haha I have considered trading in my s3 for the note 2 but it's too late in the month to be able to get the note, so if I do it will be outright price

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Bren S.

Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
so what is the screen size difference between the s3 and the note 2?
And when it's the note 2 supposed to be avail?
Sent telepathically via my Galaxy Nexus

drakeit

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
Its approx 1 3/4' larger, for me wanting one is the creativity aspect.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

cqpearson

May 30, 2012
Visit site
S 2 owner by-passing the S3 waiting for real upgrades in the S4, I just don't see the note 2 fitting easily into my pants pocket. It's a square peg that doesn't fit the round hole. So if I had the S3 today, I wouldn't get the note2.

I am the Galaxy and I Approve this Message
Sent from my SPH-D710

hoovhartid

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
I preordered my sIII from sprint having never seen it. When i placed the order, my only hesitation was the hope of the note or note 2 coming to sprint. If sprint gets the note 2, I will most likely give my sIII to the girlfriend and get the note 2. this time tho, I plan to get a look at it first and actually hold my sIII upto it before I buy it. Going from 4.7 to 5.5 inches doesn't seem like a huge jump in the size to me. I am more interested in the quad core processor as well as the possibility of the wolfson audio. My concern with the processor is going from 28 to 32nm. i'm hoping the battery life on the note 2 is comparable to the life I get on my s3. I also hope that the note 2 gets the dev support the s3 has been getting... lots to consider... am i the only one disappointed that they are using the 4412 mali400 instead of the 5250 mali602?

karsdroid

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
I'm planning on passing my S3 to my husband who just screwed up the screen on his Tbolt and I'm going for the Note II....I'll probably wait around and check out the HTC 5" offering and jump to one or the other. I've been dying for a Note since they came out....larger screen is what i'm aiming at.

XChrisX

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
The larger screen on the Note II is nice, but I think it's the stylus that I like most. Since the note 1, that form factor overall has been intriguing.

ryanr509

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
The larger screen on the Note II is nice, but I think it's the stylus that I like most. Since the note 1, that form factor overall has been intriguing.

Hopefully they have on screen buttons so u can fully use the stylus unlike the note one where the stylus doesn't work on the capacative home,search,back,options buttons. The little narrower screen I think will be perfect. My only gripe about the original note Is I thought it is just a tad to wide. Plus 600mah more battery and 2gb ram its like a s3 on steroids

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Android Central Forums

calicajun

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
I have the s3 and like you said it's a great phone no complaints but the note 2 is in a class all by itself....I have the the 10.1 note and I would love to trade my s3 for the note 2....so if you come across any deals please drop me a line

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mohamed-helmy