GoSMS Individual Notification

Medic3166

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
So I have a couple of individual SMS notifications set up in GoSMS on my GSIII that work pretty well. I've just come across one problem. For some reason, it won't accept custom notifications from SMS messages from an email address, only phone numbers... We get pages through our phones at work, and I need to create an annoyingly loud ringtone so I know when I get a job. Anyone know if there is a way to set this up?

Medic3166

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
I just decided to go back to Handcent... It allows to set notifications for contacts with only email addresses whereas GoSMS and the stock SMS app won't.

JudH

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
SMS(TEXT)PAGER on Google Play is another option. I use it to override GoSMS's quiet time for a couple of emergency msgs--one by email addr, one by subject.

Medic3166

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
How do you set notifications for individual contacts in Handcent? I don't see anything in settings for that.

In the message thread, look in the top right corner. There's two icons, a phone and a little person with the settings sprocket next to him. If you select that you can customize the thread for that contact, including the notifications and appearance.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Fetter

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
I can't believe I finally found someone else having this issue!

I also use Handcent and have set a contact with only an email address to silent but I still get the regular SMS tone whenever that contact comes in.

I've pulled my hair out trying everything I can think of. Is there anything else you had to do? I don't know what else I can do to quiet this contact!