Why don't I have any sound from my right earbud on my Samsung GS3?

CereberalX

Oct 21, 2014
Visit site
no sound from right earbud on samsung GS3

I recently bought a pair of Ajays 5 for Android and noticed that when i used it on my GS3, there would be no sound from the right side. I have tried turning mono on&off as well as adjusting the sound balance under accessibility. This pair of earbuds works fine on my PC as well as a spare Iphone 4

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: no sound from right earbud on samsung GS3

Welcome to Android Central! Sorry for the basic question, but you're certain the plug is fully seated in the jack, right? You should feel or hear a click.

Also, are you sure the headphones are specifically compatible with Android? If it says "Made for iPhone," it might not be fully compatible with Android devices, since the jack configuration is a little different.

CereberalX

Oct 21, 2014
Visit site

yes i have fully plugged it in and the packaging specifically states that it is made for Android

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

And multiple other headphones work fine on the phone?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

That's strange. Can you compare the headphone plug side by side with another headphone plug that you know works? See if the contact bands are in the exact same place.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Sorry to persist on this topic, but are the two main rings in the exact same position, relative to the tip of the plug?