Just got the phone, went swimming, does NOT work

AngelArs

Nov 13, 2011
Visit site
This process tames the arch nemesis for electronics! I had my daughters iphone 4s done a while back. Really just for water and not rugged or dust proof etc.

Liquipel.com ? Technology
OMG, this is SOOOO cool! THANK YOU so much planoman for posting this!

I am definitely
going to be getting this for my One Dev Edition. Makes so much sense, and I am even thinking about buying stock with the company if I can. Great technology. I would rather have a stock s4 with this technology, than a s4 active.

How long did it take from the time you sent your phone in, until the time you got it back?

Renee Estes

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
Son dropped his iphone 4 in the pool - was submerged for quite a while - put it plain ol' white rice (dry)
overnight - phone dried out and works perfectly!

Timback

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
You guys are funny, no I didn't mix up the phones, but the phone is very poorly designed and for the poster that said I did not put the cover on right , you are wrong, i followed the exact directions, you can say what ever you want , I am just informing you guys my experience, all I know is that the manager at my local AT&T store told me this morning he had 6 returns, 4 for water damage , 1 for sand damage , whatever that is , and the last one customer said the camera was not good.
Just my experience boys, all I know is that I would never buy this phone again, I love my galaxy s4.

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
Nothing personal, but I really have to question this thread. The OP's previous posts are mostly him whining about the regular S4, and now we're supposed to believe he got rid of the S4 that he complained about to buy an S4 Active, and believe his claims that a multi-billion dollar company is selling a phone that doesn't come close to meeting it's claims, in spite of plenty of evidence (see the above reference to You Tube videos) to the contrary.. Why am I skeptical?

If the story is true at all, the OP probably took the back off and didn't put it back on correctly.

cortezi

Jun 7, 2009
Visit site
i got one on Friday; great looking phone, really like the screen (personal preference), but mine had a couple of issues right out of the box. it had a cosmetic defect under the volume rocker (divot) and a section of the rubber seal (inside on the back cover) was not glued to the to cover. i tried to return it to the corp store, but they refused to accept it due to the cosmetic defect. they took the cover off a new phone to remedy the seal issue and told me to go to the service center for warranty replacement. at&t warranty replacement confirmed the cosmetic defect was not due to a "drop" and would have replaced mine on the spot if they had them in stock. they told me to check back in a week. sad to read that the water resistance didn't work for the OP. i didn't buy mine for the "hyped" features; appearance and screen were the appealing factors. if the hyped features work, that's a plus for me. by the way, IMHO, the slipperiness factor is still high with the Active. all i need is root and i'm good to go.

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
OMG, this is SOOOO cool! THANK YOU so much planoman for posting this!

I am definitely
going to be getting this for my One Dev Edition. Makes so much sense, and I am even thinking about buying stock with the company if I can. Great technology. I would rather have a stock s4 with this technology, than a s4 active.

How long did it take from the time you sent your phone in, until the time you got it back?

It is very cool! I sent it to them on 2 day delivery and paid for expedited service. I think I had it back in two or three days. My daughter used a backup till her phone got back. She rinses it in the sink every day to clean makeup etc off of it.

The reason why I think the S4 active is better is because it is dustproof etc. Although 10X the price of the liquipel.

Last edited:

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
You guys are funny, no I didn't mix up the phones, but the phone is very poorly designed and for the poster that said I did not put the cover on right , you are wrong, i followed the exact directions, you can say what ever you want , I am just informing you guys my experience, all I know is that the manager at my local AT&T store told me this morning he had 6 returns, 4 for water damage , 1 for sand damage , whatever that is , and the last one customer said the camera was not good.
Just my experience boys, all I know is that I would never buy this phone again, I love my galaxy s4.

Glad you came back to clarify. Maybe yours was defective. After reading your post I have looked for and seen many posts and videos of this working fine in and under the water, so I do not think it is a design flaw. I am looking to get this to use around water not to necessary go swimming with. I was looking to get a waterproof canon camera a while back for underwater pictures and some of the post were slamming the camera as no good but many others said it worked fine. Gonna sleep on it for a few night before deciding.

This also works well but is not nearly as cool! lol! and the free stylus actually works on the S4!

Amazon.com: White Waterproof Case Cover Pouch with IPX8 Certificate for iPhone 5 5G / Samsung Galaxy S4 / Samsung Galaxy S3 / Samsung Galaxy S2 / iPhone 4 4S / iPhone 3G, 3GS / iPod Touch 3, 4, 5 / HTC ONE X / HTC ONE S Z520E / HTC Windows Phone 8X (

Thanks for coming back to clarify.

anon(26204)

May 24, 2010
Visit site
This thread has kinda scared me a little..lol. I have a ATT HTC One that I converted into a Developer Edition HTC One so that I get updates straight from HTC instead of ATT...lol. And was thinking about buying this Active full price and just selling my One to recoup some of the money I'm going to spend. I don't plan on taking it swimming either. My usage was gonna be at the waterparks taking pics of kids coming down the slide and whatnot.....Do anyone know if the headphone jack has a flap over that when not in use?

Timback

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
No it doesn't, as a matter of fact, when I took it back to the att store an error message kept showing up, saying your headset is connected

Posted via Android Central App

bmhillegass87

Q&A Team
Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
Not to discredit the OP's statement because I'm sure it's possible, but I can report no such issues. Soaked mine in a kitchen pan to test when I got home. It was completely submerged for several minutes. No issues. The battery door is very tricky and you need to make sure it's down all the way and press the center where the att logo is to hear a snap.

OperationA7X

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
So I checked out this Liquipel service, and they don't have it for my phone (yet hopefully), but here's what I noticed on the site:

http://db.tt/jLlAwwnE

I had to share it to DropBox since AC Forums app doesn't want to upload the screenshot directly. -_-

Sent from my HTC Vivid BoRKed using Android Central Forums

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress