Samsung Galaxy S4 Not Charging (Grey Battery)

AndroidAlien

Oct 29, 2014
Visit site
I just recently purchased a used Samsung Galaxy S4 online a couple days ago. Everything was working perfectly fine until yesterday. My phone was at 17% last night and I plugged it into the charger. I woke up this morning and it went down to 15%. Whenever I plug in the charger, it shows a grey battery with a lightning bolt symbol but it doesn't turn green or it doesn't charge at all. It also says 15% charging on the lock screen but it doesn't ever go up. When the screen is off, it shows a red LED light at the top. The only problem I can think of is that I dropped it lightly two times about 3 feet off the ground. It was also raining a couple days ago and my S4 got a little wet but other than that, I'm completely clueless. My phone is currently at 7% but I'm afraid if I keep it on, it will die and never be able to turn on again. Can anyone please help me!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! There are a few possibilities:

1. The charging cable or plug is faulty. Try a different one.
2. The battery is failing. Try a new one.
3. The charging port is damaged. This would need to be evaluated by a technician.
4. Even though it didn't get too wet, there may have been significant water damage. This again would have to be evaluated by a technician.

Kim Ann

Nov 15, 2014
Visit site
Same thing happened to me I had a 6 mos old phone, did same thing, sent it in for repairs , they accused me of getting it wet. Never did. They benn giving me run around since August. Samsung has now ripped off so many. Come on guys put your stories up, they built a very flawed phone and in order not to lose millions they shifted blame to customer. I will not stop till I receive my money back. 638$ is not chump change for a woman who is sick.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samahmed336699