Galaxy S4 Mini - Wrong ram memory limit displayed after software update

drian84

Dec 28, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys,

After 2 software updates were done on the phone (one right after the other - using the usual built-in software update flow), the phone RAM memory limit is displayed at 1.31 GB instead of 1.5 GB.

I do not know what exactly these updates were, but here are some things i do know:
- there were 2 updates: fist update was ~120 MB, second was ~50 MB
- description was they were optimization updates
- they did not update android to a newer version (still 4.2.2)
- after the first update i got a pop-up showing a progress bar of all the applications getting updated/optimized
- after these updates i got a new tab in the "Application manager" called "On Sd Card"
- after these updates, some booking/hotels/TV samsung apps were installed - they were also installed by default when i got the phone but i removed them and they got re-installed now

Is there any way to fix this RAM display or maybe uninstall these 2 updates?

Later edit: it might be the new firmware (I9195XXUBML1). Anyone has the same problem with it?

Thanks.

Last edited:

Felderburg

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
I got my phone Jan. 10th, and it shows the 1.31. There haven't been any updates in the last week, so I can only assume that's what it always displayed (I didn't look at the actual number until now). If not for this thread, I would have assumed that's what it's supposed to be. It's not really an issue, since I don't use all of it, but I do wonder now if I'm losing out on some RAM.

Edit: A poster in another forum seems to think this is not an issue: http://samsunggalaxysforums.com/showthread.php/13521-Memory-Issue-with-Galaxy-S4-mini/page2?

So the S4 mini does 1.5Gb of RAM....roughly translated 1.31GB is correct.

Another interesting thing I found in googling this issue is a forum where someone put 1.5 GB of RAM in their computer, and their BIOS reads 1.31 (http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/231493-30-25gb-detected). So I wonder if there's some sort of actual legit reason, like displaying binary GB vs. base-10, or something like that.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87