[OPINION] Are you getting the GS4 - Answers Here!

PsYcHoNeWb

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
This thread is for you guys... This is for intellectual debate about this new device so lets keep it civil. If you wish, answer some of the common questions below and give your opinion about why you want or don't want this device.

1. Are you going to get the S4?
  2. If yes, what carrier?
  3. If yes, what color?
  4. What features drew you in?
  5. Why the GS4 over other devices such as HTC One?

I'll start this bad boy off...

1. Yes.
  2. Verizon
  3. White
  4. Hover Motion, Camera Features
  5. Specs, Size and Personal experience with Samsung devices. I have had HTC devices in the past as well as Moto devices but I always find myself going back to a Samsung device. Most recently the GS3. It has been a solid device and will probably be my daily driver until I can get a GS4.

majorpayne

May 9, 2011
Visit site
1. Yes
2. Verizon
3. What ever color AC sending me
4.Honestly I'm getting it cause I won the contest and the other Reason is to match my wife (Note 2) so when she has issues i can help easier
5.Cause I won :)

Love Divine

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
1. Yes, unless something is announced by May 18th or so when I'm picking it up
2. Sprint
3. Black Mist
4. Little things (quick settings, multiwindow, disable lock screen on home wifi, couple others),
5. Form factor/screen size, specs, something different than my last 3 EVOs

neiljay6

Apr 29, 2012
Visit site
1. YES
2. Unlocked
3. Black Mist
4. Smart features since im paradiod about smugges on my screen.
5. Better camera and i prefer how touchwiz looks and operates.

MattMJB0188

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
1. Yes
2. AT&T, of course
3. Black Mist
4. 1080P display, camera
5. Rather own a Samsung and have my device updated in a year and a half. Samsung is practically on the same level as Apple. HTC is not.

Woosh

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
  2. If yes, what carrier?
  3. If yes, what color?

1 - Maybe
2 - T- mobile
3 - Haven't decided
4 - It runs and Android, physical button
5 - Because its taking too long for One to hit stores and resale be more for s4 when I'm ready to upgrade again.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

JL84

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
1) Yes
2) AT&T
3) Black Mist
4) Large Screen, Android, Camera, Beastmode
5) Been with the iPhone for years, time to go with the something new And exciting, and as an avid web browser on my cell phone, it's a no brainer to try out this S4. The screen is just soooo sexy and I can't wait to hold it!

harp1146

Apr 12, 2013
Visit site
This thread is for you guys... This is for intellectual debate about this new device so lets keep it civil. If you wish, answer some of the common questions below and give your opinion about why you want or don't want this device.

2. If yes, what carrier?
  3. If yes, what color?

1. Don't know. Between it and the Note 2 waiting to do a side by side.
2. TMobile (also a maybe)
3. Not white (the iphone I'm forced to use right now is white and I want the opposite) :)
4. I really like the idea of a better camera. Still want to see a side by side though.
5. Still on the fence. (I'll update when I figure it out.)

robitaille93

Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
1. Maybe. I'm currently a BB user and I'm thinking of moving to android, but I want to try both the SG4 and the Q10 at my carrier's booth and see which I like. I still value a physical keyboard so I'll need to see if I can use a touch based keyboard effeciently.
2. Koodo
3. Black Mist
4. Nothing in particular, it just seemed like the most well rounded flagship android phone. It has a removable battery, a microSD slot, decent battery life (from what I've heard), great specs, and a gorgeous screen.
5. I need at least 20gb or more dedicated to music. If I were to get the One I'd be unable to fit all of my media on there. With the SG4 I'll be able to toss my media on my 32gb card and use my phone for apps and such.

Eternal1999

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
1. Yes.
2. T-Mobile.
3. Black.
4. Everything, Samsung continues to innovate.
5. I give props to HTC but they haven't caught my attention this time around. Samsung simply never disappoints..

JRDroid

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
1. Maybe (its either this or the One)
2. AT&T (aka the correct option)
3. Depends on how blue the "Black" Mist looks in person
4. Screen size, camera
5. If I get this over the One it will be mostly because of screen size. Most other things are either a draw between the two or are better on the One IMO.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site

2. If yes, what carrier?
  3. If yes, what color?
[/LIST]

Simple answer is Hell Yes!
AT&T - Ditching Verizon on the voice side after 15 years, just tired of waiting and waiting and waiting only to be disappointed with crippled phones that may or may not get an update in a reasonable time line.
Color - Initially I was looking to get a Black Mist GS4, especially after I sold my white iP5 which I did not care for. Right now, I am unsure, white on the GS4 looks great. So in person viewing will decide it.
Its a GS4, enough said. But honestly the 1080p display, 5", awesome software enhancements and its Android 4.2.2.
For me the GS4 offers more flexibility 32GB + 64GB microSD card vs 64GB on an HTC One. I know I won't use all 32GB for apps but I don't want to be limited by no expansion or swappable battery.

The Real X Dawg

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site
1. Yes, since I doubt there will be a Note 3 in the near future.
2. AT&T
3. Black Mist, love the carbon fiber look it has.
4. The smart features and the multitasking.
5. The One is designed well but I like the look of the DNA better but I'm not going to Verizon so there's the S4 that has everything I need short of the S-Pen features.

Sent from my Jelly Bean chomping Infuse 4G!

Suda

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
1. Verdict is still out
2. Unlocked, service through AT&T
3. White Frost
4. Diamond pentile comparable to LCD screens, Exmor RS camera, diminished bezel, best CPU/GPU combination on the market, eye scrolling, repairability,
5. Not too high on either phone to the point where I'd tell HTC or Samsung to shut up and take my money, but if I got a GS4 it'd be because the One did the least for me.

Last edited:

optimummind

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site

2. If yes, what carrier?
  3. If yes, what color?

1. Yes~!
2. Sprint
3. White
4. 5" super AMOLED, 1080p resolution and 441ppi, thin bezel, more squarish look than the GS3, microSD support, removeable/upgradeable battery, TW features, latest Android
5. Don't like or want Blinkfeed, don't like Sense layout and icons, and maybe because of all the massive hype, I was very underwhelmed and disappointed by the feel of its aluminum body. Didn't feel premium in my hand at all. At least the iPhone did feel premium to me but not the HTC One. It seemed like HTC is using less quality aluminum than Apple.

MangoPowah

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
1. Most likely.
2. AT&T
3. Not sure.. both colors look nice.
4. Air Gestures, and able to be used while wearing a glove.
5. My upgrade is actually due in February, so I originally thought I should wait for the S5. But then I realized that smartphones are now pretty much as good as you can get IMO, and the most updates I can imagine they'd slap onto a successor is a slightly faster processor or a little megapixel bump. Plus the sealed battery on my One X isn't as good as it used to be, even after flashing all sorts of custom ROMs and kernels in an attempt to save it.

Sent from the cockpit of Gurren Lagann

Tsepz_GP

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
1. Yes
2. Vodacom
3. Probably Black Mist, but I'm loving White Frost!
4. Mainly for Exynos 5 Octa CPU with it's PowerVR SGX544MP3 GPU, the HD1080P SAMOLED display and because I had a GS3 and thoroughly enjoyed it.
5. Mainly due to the CPU/GPU, Samsung's excellent update support, Multiview multitasking, Super AMOLED display, upgradable battery and mem card and it's lite weight.

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
1. Nope. My Note 2 has cured my phone addiction for now. With my Nexus 4 in backup, I am satisfied for the first time in many years!

I am still interested in the screen technology and battey life of the S4! To all of you getting the S4, Congrats!