S4 Charging Issue

awb594

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
My phone is less than a week old and this morning after being plugged in all night the phone had a message saying "Charging Paused Battery Temperature Too Low." Anyone seen this yet or know a fix? It was in a room that was around 64 degrees all night. The battery was at 100% but I am worried this may become an issue.

Jaguarr40

Nov 4, 2010
Visit site
My phone is less than a week old and this morning after being plugged in all night the phone had a message saying "Charging Paused Battery Temperature Too Low." Anyone seen this yet or know a fix? It was in a room that was around 64 degrees all night. The battery was at 100% but I am worried this may become an issue.
Believe it or not a simple battery pull and reset of your phone might just cure this issue and then keep an eye on it for about week. I have never heard of this on your phone being an issue.

MadaKor

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
I just had the same happen to me. Phone was at the same temp all day. Went for a walk while listening to music on the phone and all of a sudden it told me that battery temp was too low for charging when it wasn't even plugged in. Now I can't even charge my phone as it always tells me that the batt temp is too low.
Tried several restarts and battery pulls to no avail.

saintgalmier

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
So what did you end up doing Madakor? I am having the same problem but my phone wont even stay on for more than 5 minutes while connected a charger. I am pretty sure it is the phone itself that is damaged, not the battery. I also have no sound coming from the speakers: ringtone, music, etc. This is all a result from the phone being dropped in water. After drying it out and cleaning it out completely it started to work fine except no speaker sound and no longer being able to charge the battery. The "temperature too hot/cold" message started to appear more frequently.

I am trying to repair this myself with replacement parts, any and all advice would be helpful.

Thanks!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress