2 Tone beep sound constantly playing :/

KBV1

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Hi.

I have a strange thing happening to my phone at the moment. When I put my phone on to 'Sound' and then unlock my phone, I get a 2 tone beeping sound constantly playing and wont stop. If I turn it onto silent its fine, but turning it back on, the sound plays :/. I have restarted the phone and shut it down but nothing.

I have no apps running in the back ground either.

Any ideas?

maskedcarrot

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Try factory resetting the phone and reinstall everything. I think you have something buggering up in memory or a corrupt setting somewhere.

KBV1

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Is that what is causing it? The NFC?

I factory restored it yesterday and it started happening again today but only did the sound once? My NFC was turned on, but turned it off now. Must be a bug somewhere?

benzujk

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site
Hello,

I had a similar problem with my new galaxy S4.

The beep sound occurs because of a setting in the clock widget. It happened because the app got updated and got reset to its original settings. It beeped every hour.

Suraj Chhetri

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
i also had same problem, i tried so many things.. was going nuts... then at last i just off Orientation Lock as it was locked, then it stops beeping.. i don't know in your case .. but this was my case !! :-$

Florenc Cekani

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
hey guys i installed cyanogenmod 11 on my galaxy s3 and when i play music and my phone is locked when i unlock it makes a strange sound can anyone help me plz

Orion Petrie

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the tip on NFC. I did some investigating, as my fiance was having this issue. It turned out she had a credit card with NFC that was interacting with the NFC in the phone. Removed the card from her wallet case and no issues anymore.

Figaro14

Mar 18, 2014
Visit site
Mines started doing the exact same thing two days ago. I didn't change any settings on the phone, but somehow I noticed that the NFC got switched on, and my gyro orientation setting was now switched off. Not certain how this happened, since I didn't touch any of these settings. Once I turned off the NFC and switched the orientation back on, the beeping stopped.

Louis Taylor

Mar 25, 2014
Visit site
Hi.

I have a strange thing happening to my phone at the moment. When I put my phone on to 'Sound' and then unlock my phone, I get a 2 tone beeping sound constantly playing and wont stop. If I turn it onto silent its fine, but turning it back on, the sound plays :/. I have restarted the phone and shut it down but nothing.

I have no apps running in the back ground either.

Any ideas?

Its probably a application go into settings -more then application manager and turn off the notification on your newest apps do it when the tone plays so you know when its off
Piece bro

Last edited by a moderator:

Travis Lawler1

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the tip on NFC. I did some investigating, as my fiance was having this issue. It turned out she had a credit card with NFC that was interacting with the NFC in the phone. Removed the card from her wallet case and no issues anymore.

Yeah, same issue here. Put my military I'd (cac) in a wallet case. The NFC was trying to read the chip in it.

May 24, 2014
Visit site
2 beep tone making me annoyed during call

When I call some one or pick up call, two constant beep tone is generated. I have check all setting regarding both call and phone setting but I couldn't find exact reason for this problem. My phone is Samsung Galaxy SL i9003, and I have update my OS to Customized Cyanogenmod Android Kitkat. Now what can I do to disable this problem. Please help me out.

Faith7

Jun 19, 2014
Visit site
Must be my issue as well I actually put my debit card which has a pay pass chip on in the wallet phone for the first time today it must have that NFC thing cause I have never heard it do that before til tonight it was driving me crazy! I'll turn NFC off as well & take the card out hopefully that will fix my issue. :)

lcmatheus

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
On my Nexus 5, was the NFC, but doesn't matter where the phone was... sometimes it played continuously, sometimes for seconds... just turned it off and the annoying sound stopped! I was almost heading to Apple store to buy an Iphone again! hauahuah

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa