S4 Sales Lower Than Expected

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
No it isn't the same for everyone but I will say that T-mobile is the smallest carrier for a reason.

Verizon may **** off a lot of their customers, yet no one leaves for T-mobile. That should say something.

If it works where you live, that's great.

Apparently I wanted it to work for me, but it didn't and more in stuck in a contract

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

They're smallest because they lack the deep pockets of Verizon and att, not because their network sucks. (Which is what you're implying) Give T-Mobile the marketing budget of Verizon and they'd be right up there.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 2

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
T-Mobile seems to consistently be hailed as great service, where it exists. The issue is coverage IMO. There are noted issues in Chicago that seem to be congestion based, but while I know of lots of reasons to switch from Verizon to T-Mobile, I don't know of any to go the other way.

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Chicago is just a tough market, for some reason. All four of the carriers struggle to keep up here. In the suburbs though, T-Mobile has less congestion issues than Verizon.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Chicago is just a tough market, for some reason. All four of the carriers struggle to keep up here. In the suburbs though, T-Mobile has less congestion issues than Verizon.

The other thing to keep in mind, is that a lot of people say "service issues in Chicago" and they're talking about places all the way from Waukeegan to Tinley Park to Aurora. It's a massive area with an enormous amount of people, varying coverage throughout. It's like saying, "service sucks in LA"... okay, where in LA? That's a 500 sq mile city (or set of cities).

Verizon coverage is amazing where I am and T-Mobile doesn't exist as their own entity, but they have a subsidiary service partern. I have unlimited data and it's STILL a hard call as to whether to keep Verizon (30-50 mbps consistently, amazing coverage, much more expensive, doesn't get the phones I want (may change with the moto x, who knows)) or this iWireless entity (much cheaper, 5-10 mbps, gets any GSM phone you want). I'm not one who does things because they're cheaper, so we're really talking about selection and service as the tradeoff and Verizon is making it hard not to consider it.

Farish

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
They're smallest because they lack the deep pockets of Verizon and att, not because their network sucks. (Which is what you're implying) Give T-Mobile the marketing budget of Verizon and they'd be right up there.

T-Mobile seems to consistently be hailed as great service, where it exists. The issue is coverage IMO. There are noted issues in Chicago that seem to be congestion based, but while I know of lots of reasons to switch from Verizon to T-Mobile, I don't know of any to go the other way.

I would switch to T-Mobile if they had better coverage. I figure in about 2 years T-Mobile and maybe even Sprint should be comparable to ATT and Verizon in that regards. Verizon had the foresight to invest heavily in LTE first instead of going into HSPA + etc and pushing that. Although I had enjoy great speeds on ATT 3G network and was quite happy with that. Verizon 3g data speed is borderline at best.

return_0

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
It's like saying, "service sucks in LA"... okay, where in LA? That's a 500 sq mile city (or set of cities).

Obviously this is beside your point, but I'd like to add that T-Mobile coverage is great all over LA.

Sent from my pure Google Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site

In Streamwood Danville Rockford and Maywood I have excellent LTE.

Sent from my Galaxy Victory LTE using Tapatalk 2

The Hustleman

May 28, 2010
Visit site

Oh come on now!

T-Mobile commercials are all over tv!

I just just as many (maybe more) ads for them as I do Verizon!

Give T-mobile the NETWORK of Verizon and they'd be right there, in fact I think Verizon would start to die off if T-mobile had their network quality and footprint.

Why pay 100 when you can pay 90 for the same level of service?

In Atlanta though, they DO suck. I get food service in some parts but not at home and work and a few other spots.

return_0

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Oh come on now!

Give T-mobile the NETWORK of Verizon and they'd be right there, in fact I think Verizon would start to die off if T-mobile had their network quality and footprint.

In Atlanta though, they DO suck. I get food service in some parts but not at home and work and a few other spots.

Verizon isn't $100. It's $140.

lou61166

Banned
Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
Oh come on now!

I have to agree with you on this, Verizon invests heavily in there Network to keep and Maintain it to the level it is at, where I live I am about 15 miles from Verizon wireless world headquarters in Northern New Jersey also being only 36 miles west of New York City does not hurt.

Sent From My HTC Droid DNA Using Taptalk

The Hustleman

May 28, 2010
Visit site
Verizon isn't $100. It's $140.

Lol@ someone telling me how much Verizon plans are

You can get in the door for 90 dollars a month. Most people benefit from the 100 dollar plan because of the average usage.

It doesn't cost 140 to get on with Verizon.

I have to agree with you on this, Verizon invests heavily in there Network to keep and Maintain it to the level it is at, where I live I am about 15 miles from Verizon wireless world headquarters in Northern New Jersey also being only 36 miles west of New York City does not hurt.

Sent From My HTC Droid DNA Using Taptalk

Exactly. Verizon has the most reliable network, this is fact not even opinion.

Sure there some areas that other networks work better in than Verizon but overall in a nationwide level, Verizon is best.

return_0

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site

You can get in the door for 90 dollars a month. Most people benefit from the 100 dollar plan because of the average usage.

You can't compare Verizon's $100 plan to T-Mobile's $90 plan (especially considering it offers less data than T-Mo's $80 plan). Some people with unlimited data use 5GB of data, others use 100GB (yes, I've actually seen that). So I balanced it at 10GB, which is $140 on Verizon.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

Exactly. Verizon has the most reliable network, this is fact not even opinion.

Sure there some areas that other networks work better in than Verizon but overall in a nationwide level, Verizon is best.

I will say they do have the coverage. When I was going through the mountains of West Virginia my Sprint phone roamed to Verizon and I could keep making calls without issue :D.

But as everyone has said.. A network depends on your area for how good it is. Tmobile, Sprint, att, Verizon.... All of them. I've seen every comment from someone on every carrier saying it sucks in their area. People have left Verizon due to their house getting nothing and jumped to ATT, Tmobile, etc etc.

A carrier depends on your area and their coverage for your normal everyday use. Tmobile in Jacksonville is pretty good. I have 3 friends who have it and they have no issues with calls and their data is great.. We stream off their phones in the car no problem.

I am at least getting to stream now in the car since LTE for Sprint is lighting up... Just being patient. ;)

Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums.

The Hustleman

May 28, 2010
Visit site
You can't compare Verizon's $100 plan to T-Mobile's $90 plan (especially considering it offers less data than T-Mo's $80 plan). Some people with unlimited data use 5GB of data, others use 100GB (yes, I've actually seen that). So I balanced it at 10GB, which is $140 on Verizon.

Those people like that (like US because I fit in the category) are far from average users. I can count on one hand the number of people that user more than 2gbs that I've seen and I bring up lots of accounts daily.

I've seen some people that insist on keeping unlimited but only use 170 mb and the new plan would save them 50 bucks a month, but they don't go for it.

For heavy data users like myself I can see why they don't go Verizon but for the majority, it's only 10 bucks

return_0

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Those people like that (like US because I fit in the category) are far from average users. I can count on one hand the number of people that user more than 2gbs that I've seen and I bring up lots of accounts daily.

I've seen some people that insist on keeping unlimited but only use 170 mb and the new plan would save them 50 bucks a month, but they don't go for it.

For heavy data users like myself I can see why they don't go Verizon but for the majority, it's only 10 bucks

Then if you're using Verizon's 2GB plan pricing, you have to also use T-Mobile's 2.5GB plan pricing (which is $60/$80). You just can't compare Verizon's base (or near-base) plan to T-Mo's high-end plan.

chrscaley

May 27, 2013
Visit site
I believe with tmobile you get 500 mb with the 50$ unlimited plan. So if the person you were talking about only uses 170 mb then they would save a ton of cash with tmobile. They could even get the note 2 which is tmobiles most expensive handset at the moment and still be considerably cheaper than Verizon. The only way I would go with Verizon is if I was forced to due to location.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2

chrscaley

May 27, 2013
Visit site
Yup, I was right.
uhu7uge2.jpg

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
My service with Verizon is great. It is their phone selection and model options I find that sucks.

S3 32gb and unlimited data is still a sweet mix. S4 would be tastier, so hope Verizon offers the 32 model at some point.

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site

No it isn't. It's $30. Seriously, drop the Verizon sales rep BS and actually engage in a real conversation about this stuff.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38