Google Maps: Why Doesn't Airplane Mode & GPS Off Not Stop It?

PaulWog

May 1, 2013
Visit site
My battery is down by 50% now, and 14% of the culprit is Google Maps. That's 7% of my total battery drained due to some very invasive software...

I've tried killing all my apps manually and with Advanced Task Killer. I have had Airplane mode on today (I've been around the house most of the day), and GPS has been off. Wifi has been on all day. I haven't opened google maps, I've tried restarting the phone, etc.

This shouldn't be so ridiculously difficult to deal with. I should have 14% of my battery drainage going to Google Maps when I'm going to very long lengths to deal with it.

Is it just the "Access to my location" part on my phone? That keeps switching on and I keep having to switch it off. GPS will show it's off even if that's on :-/

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Get this app called "Better Battery Stats" and it will tell you exactly whats killing your battery...it shows you every little thing that uses ur battery
Also on maps, make sure location services are off, because those are constantly running

satannik

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
I had the same problem. Go to application manager and uninstall all updates for Google maps. It worked for me.

Sent from my rooted Samsung Galaxy S 4