Frustrating experience so far with Galaxy S4

jonathan2677

May 8, 2013
Visit site
You know what I agree with you, I'm no longer arguing my s4 lags my one don't darn you think I don't want my s4 to be smooth or be the lucky one with no problems I paid retail for it, I own both do you? I'm not trying to make a purchase feel better I want both of them to be awesome but darn it understand it's not know again I hope it becomes better with updates so yes my one is shinny but hey my s4 ain't dull neither just likes to stutter:)

sent from the smartphone of 2013 HTC ONE...

jonathan2677

May 8, 2013
Visit site
HTC added almost no features in the ONE. they played it safe. Nice design and almost minimal approach in UI.

Personally comparing my S4 to my friends HTC one.. I open apps faster, access toggles faster, Multi tasking much faster, better battery life....

I could answer calls with my voice or by swiping my hand over the phone (use it daily). I could also scroll up and down web pages without touching my screen (use it daily). I mute my phone by turning it on the screen.....

But your HTC is shinny :)

Don't forget I have both sitting in front of me if I wanted to scroll with my eyes or answer by waving or look away and pause I could just swap Sims but trust me the pay off ain't worth it keep making yourself feel better by waving your hands but if you owned both also you'd be singing the praises of a complete smooth experience with your one while your s4 collected dust waiting for updates but hey that's just my preference there both good phones and both have plenty of threads here with issues but mine may be worse than yours as long as your happy and I made it long so you can scroll with your eyes oh forgot not compatible with this app:D

weblou

Sep 25, 2012
Visit site
I don't do the pause nor the eye scrolling.. i find it a little annoying to be honest. You own both that's great for you. for me the S4 works flawless and completely smooth. So there is no payoff... just like you say your HTC one is 100% smooth so is my S4.. only difference is the S4 has more features. I spent 24h+ hours with my friends HTC one. He wanted to trade phone so i gave the HTC one a little test run.. honestly didn't find it any faster then my S4.

You spend a lot time here trying to convince people that your HTC one is greatest device... are you sure your not trying to convince yourself?

Don't forget I have both sitting in front of me if I wanted to scroll with my eyes or answer by waving or look away and pause I could just swap Sims but trust me the pay off ain't worth it keep making yourself feel better by waving your hands but if you owned both also you'd be singing the praises of a complete smooth experience with your one while your s4 collected dust waiting for updates but hey that's just my preference there both good phones and both have plenty of threads here with issues but mine may be worse than yours as long as your happy and I made it long so you can scroll with your eyes oh forgot not compatible with this app:D

Last edited:

jonathan2677

May 8, 2013
Visit site
I don't do the pause nor the eye scrolling.. i find it a little annoying to be honest. You own both that's great for you. for me the S4 works flawless and completely smooth. So there is no payoff... just like you say your HTC one is 100% smooth so is my S4.. only difference is the S4 has more features. I spent 24h+ hours with my friends HTC one. He wanted to trade phone so i gave the HTC one a little test run.. honestly didn't find it any faster then my S4.

You spent a lot time here trying to convince people that your HTC one is greatest device... are you sure your not trying to convince yourself?

Again like I said there both good and both have draw backs neither are perfect I'm not saying yours lags mine does wish it didn't why convince myself of anything I wish mine was smooth then I could get my money's worth I still have it cause I like it and hope updates fix it but now it lags and my one don't know that's my phones not your friends not yours mine, I don't have no motive to make one better than the other I have both, you have motive to lie if any of us do I don't need you to be convinced, now I will add a Sony experia z to my collection when it comes a vanilla android one and believe me if it lags or has any issues I will say it and maybe buy then the one will get updates and be my favorite but today it's not and that's only my opinion it shouldn't matter to you so sorry for offending any fan boys I'm not I'm whatever best boy and today that's my one

jonathan2677

May 8, 2013
Visit site
Sorry I meant the s4 may get updates and be my favorite, I hope it does by then I'll be ready for a switch I'm not knocking the phone I just think it's a little dissapointing that's all

weblou

Sep 25, 2012
Visit site
Sorry I meant the s4 may get updates and be my favorite, I hope it does by then I'll be ready for a switch I'm not knocking the phone I just think it's a little dissapointing that's all

Im not a fanboy of any brand. I get whatever works best for me. If i don't like it I move on to something I like.
I guess its getting a little annoying telling people that my s4 has no lag. Lol.
Anyways hope the next upgrade makes your s4 more usable. Its a fantastic phone if it works like mines.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk 4 Beta

jonathan2677

May 8, 2013
Visit site

You spend a lot time here trying to convince people that your HTC one is greatest device... are you sure your not trying to convince yourself?

Also wanted to say out of fairness I do like the feel of the s4 IN MY HAND def like the camera better on the s4 but I do also like zoe and low light but give me 13mp, like the home button and screen on s4 except in sun, what I don't like is the way it runs there for with updates it can easily become my daily driver I think people are taking what I'm saying wrong and that is that MINE is not smoothest THERES

richs10

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
Sorry, but I have no lag at all with this phone and I'm using air gesture, the eye sensor and most of the other available options.

And yes, I know lag. I had the Droid Charge......I know lag.

Rich

jonathan2677

May 8, 2013
Visit site
That's awesome I don't know why some do and some don't I guess I'm unlucky

sent from my favorite phone of the year HTC one, don't mean it has to be yours

tcdude

May 22, 2013
Visit site
I do think its a great device but I've had some issues to and not just lag but connectivity issues along with text smearing while scrolling and just today my racing game speed drift won't work any more, don't know why it just shuts down, I hope the update will improve such things

Posted via Android Central App

chrscaley

May 27, 2013
Visit site
Do you guys think coming on here and claiming profusely that yours doesn't lag is going to help the op with their problems/questions at all? I highly doubt they care that you have one without lag. They were asking if they should sell theirs or wait for the stock ROM to become available, if and when it does. And as far as I can tell only 1 or 2 people have actually given them a legitimate answer. The rest of you are just arguing whether or not your s4 lags and saying the one doesn't. If you all want to argue about the s4 lagging or not (which makes no sense because if someone says there's is lagging then it's lagging. You saying yours isn't doesn't change that fact one bit) then maybe you should start a thread about it. If you want to argue over which phone is better than start another thread. I'm not telling anyone what to do but it's just getting a little old. Every time someone talks about lag or a problem in general with their phone they can hardly get a straight answer or any kind of help it just turns into the same thread/discussion over and over. It is fact that a lot of s4's have lag. Just accept it. If yours doesn't then great. If you think your HTC one is a better phone, great. Glad to hear your happy. But for now let's try actually helping people with their issues instead of gloating about our own personal phones. Geez!

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2

Jennifer Stough

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
Please do not recommend that they start another thread for any of those petty reasons. We prefer that that ignorance be taken to PMs, or left off the site completely.

Carry on.

chrscaley

May 27, 2013
Visit site
Please do not recommend that they start another thread for any of those petty reasons. We prefer that that ignorance be taken to PMs, or left off the site completely.

Carry on.

I can see why. But I only say that because that will give them somewhere to go. Then if someone tries starting the same argument over they can be directed to said threads instead of being told not to talk about it, which would come off as over moderation.

davidsnoodles

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
I could not care less for TouchWiz, that's why I use Nova Launcher. I have zero lag on the home pages, and rarely (maybe 1/100 times) will the app launch get stuck in between pages, but it's easily solved by continuing to swipe to the next page. SMS & MMS work perfectly fine for me. As far as bad image quality goes for your videos, remember you are using a much larger device with much more pixels. Video compression is going to distort quality a lot and make it look bad. Everyone in my family (except me), has an iPhone and I can say that videos sent through MMS don't look the best, either.

Johnny Roberts

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
Do you guys think coming on here and claiming profusely that yours doesn't lag is going to help the op with their problems/questions at all? I highly doubt they care that you have one without lag. They were asking if they should sell theirs or wait for the stock ROM to become available, if and when it does. And as far as I can tell only 1 or 2 people have actually given them a legitimate answer. The rest of you are just arguing whether or not your s4 lags and saying the one doesn't. If you all want to argue about the s4 lagging or not (which makes no sense because if someone says there's is lagging then it's lagging. You saying yours isn't doesn't change that fact one bit) then maybe you should start a thread about it. If you want to argue over which phone is better than start another thread. I'm not telling anyone what to do but it's just getting a little old. Every time someone talks about lag or a problem in general with their phone they can hardly get a straight answer or any kind of help it just turns into the same thread/discussion over and over. It is fact that a lot of s4's have lag. Just accept it. If yours doesn't then great. If you think your HTC one is a better phone, great. Glad to hear your happy. But for now let's try actually helping people with their issues instead of gloating about our own personal phones. Geez!

The thing is, I've seen plenty of advice given to a person with a lag issue, only to be told it isn't helping or they've already tried it.. What other answers are people supposed to give? At some point you have to make a decision based on what works for you. It's rather simple actually. Trying to get people to post what you want them to post only complicates matters even further.

chrscaley

May 27, 2013
Visit site
The thing is, I've seen plenty of advice given to a person with a lag issue, only to be told it isn't helping or they've already tried it.. What other answers are people supposed to give? At some point you have to make a decision based on what works for you. It's rather simple actually. Trying to get people to post what you want them to post only complicates matters even further.

I'm not trying to get anyone to post what I want. Where did you get that. I even said "I'm not telling anyone what to do". Criticizing and nit picking my post isn't helping anyone either. I didn't see much advice given to this particular person. And telling them "I guess I'm lucky because my s4 doesn't lag" and "my HTC one doesn't lag", isn't advice at all. So again, you guys post what you want. I'm just expressing my disappointment in all of the bickering. I'm sure I'm not the only one.

Johnny Roberts

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
There are at least 10 threads dealing with lag issues. All it takes is a bit of a search. I see no point in chastising members who aren't having an issue for saying so. It's not like it's stopping anyone (yourself included) from offering tips.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non