Screen keeps shutting off during calls

jc0187

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
So yesterday out of the blue my screen shut off the moment I tap the call icon. Screen blacks out but I can see some of the notifications on the top but couldnt interact with them. I had to keep hitting the home button and it will sometimes take me to the lock screen. Im waiting for my replacement s4 being sent to me, so just finding new issues with this device. Tmobile claims theres never been a report of this issue. I checked the sensor area and its clear and clean. Just curious if anyone else have had this issue?

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
At first when I read your post, I was thinking an automatic screen darken feature, that would help prevent against unwanted hangups, but still allowing to see the screen. But as I read on, I realized this was not the case, and it does seem to be an issue with the OS.

jc0187

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
Yes, and I wasnt able to reproduce the issue. It happened probably 7 or 8 times in a row, but then seemed to clear up. Just curious if anybody else had this issue? I think the software is wonky on this thing because my 4g lte wont go to 4g when the lte signal fades and it sticks on the lte not allowing me to send texts or calls and it would say to connect to a wifi network or go back into a service area. Lol. I made a separate thread about that one though.

Edible Walrus

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
Yes, and I wasnt able to reproduce the issue. It happened probably 7 or 8 times in a row, but then seemed to clear up. Just curious if anybody else had this issue? I think the software is wonky on this thing because my 4g lte wont go to 4g when the lte signal fades and it sticks on the lte not allowing me to send texts or calls and it would say to connect to a wifi network or go back into a service area. Lol. I made a separate thread about that one though.

How do you access 4G. I don't see an option for it or 3G. It just picks HSPA+ all the time or GPRS. Don't even know if my carrier offers 4G

jc0187

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
How do you access 4G. I don't see an option for it or 3G. It just picks HSPA+ all the time or GPRS. Don't even know if my carrier offers 4G
You may be in an area that doesnt have 4g coverage. HSPA is close to 4g but not as fast. From my understanding, its a tick below.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa