Security policy update issue - help required

jane5050

Aug 22, 2013
Visit site
I have a notification for a Security policy update. I click / select to update and have two options cancel or confirm. I select confirm and it says connecting to server but it fails with error message "update failed due to network issues".

Can any one help?

Update 26/9 - just got this email from Samsung...... not very helpful but they do say they are looking into it.....

"Thank you for contacting Samsung Customer Support.

I apologise that you have been unable to apply the recent security update on your Samsung Galaxy S 4, I understand this must be frustrating as this should be a simple process.

Please be advised that our engineers are currently investigating the issue you have described. If they find it to be a genuine fault then a firmware update to fix the issue will be rolled out as soon as possible. Due to the nature of our investigations we are unable to advise on a timescale for any possible update.

Please note we would advise against attempting any manual fixes at this time, especially when dealing with system files, as some users may cause further problems by doing so.

If you require any further assistance, please contact Samsung again and we will be more than happy to help.

Our Customer Support Team love feedback! Share your thoughts on this response by completing the survey at the bottom of this page. "

Last edited:

Lizzie Menelaws

Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
I have a notification for a Security policy update. I click / select to update and have two options cancel or confirm. I select confirm and it says connecting to server but it fails with error message "update failed due to network issues".

Can any one help?

I'm having the same problem and no luck finding a solution :(

YragTtocs

May 5, 2013
Visit site
Same here. Got an S4 on 3 in the UK. Keeps popping up all day. Really annoying!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using AC Forums mobile app

YragTtocs

May 5, 2013
Visit site

Attachments

• 1379989603453.jpg
    1379989603453.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 71
  • 1379989621566.jpg
    1379989621566.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 72

FBGenc1907

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
Hiya, I got this for 3 days now, have written to Samsung HelpDesk and waiting for their answer. In the meantime i tried to force stop the app which then returns after a few mins lol. Very annoying pop up.

mcorkery

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
This issue is probably not carrier related as a quick search shows this popping up since yesterday across all networks. Definately in europe but probably globally. theories posted are either Know compliance (Samsung KNOX-Solutions-Security | SAMSUNG) or preparing s3 and s4 for the 4.3 upgrade this year.

If anyone finds a fix that does not involve factory reset please post it! :)

/EDIT: Must be a Samsung server update issue - try the OTA update of Android and it now has connection errors too

Last edited:

YragTtocs

May 5, 2013
Visit site
I now tried to check if there was a software update.

I get this message.

I hope it will dissappear soon!

Attachments

• 1380017019852.jpg
    1380017019852.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 65

Raffi Grant

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
Ok,

guys,

this is not a problem with whatsapp and neither is it a virus,

Samsung have long been trying to catch up to blackberry (only in this particular thing, dont get me wrong) for the corporate business policy and security which bes enforces,

so that offices can give out s4s to their staff as office phones and be able to lock them down, samsung is bringing out a platform called Knox with which office admins will be able to control hundreds of office samsungs.

this is affecting all users in uk right now, as carriers havent been properly notified by samsung about Knox,

this may take some time to resolve, but in the short term, disabling and force stopping both the security policy update app and SAMSUNG LINK, seems to do the trick

good luck

Samsung KNOX-Solutions-Security | SAMSUNG

YragTtocs

May 5, 2013
Visit site
I went into settings - application manager - then forced stopped

Security Update Manager and Samsung Link

It's not popped up again.

Hopefully this will stop the update trying to install and then failing. It was killing my battery, I'd look at my phone and it was constantly looking for my location when prompting me to install.

Hope they come out with a fix soon, don't like force stopping stock stuff!

Cheers for the quick fix :thumbup:

Edit:

******* it's popped up again lol :banghead: *******

Last edited:

jdy1234

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
When it says "Confirm" or "Cancel" I just pushed cancel and it's gone. I've turned my phone off and on a couple of times and it hasn't reappeared.

Mark Jennings2

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
I have the same problem as well I tried to switch off completely and back on still nae fecking joy plz someone must have a solution for this ****e

Posted via Android Central App

Martim Luz

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site

Can any one help?

I'm from Portugal and I also have that problem... I've tried multiple times but it doesn't go away... s? I just clicked there and instead of pressing confirm I pressed cancel and it just disappeard :)

YragTtocs

May 5, 2013
Visit site
I'm pretty sure it will come back.

It's been appearing on my phone for the last two days.

Not the most annoying thing - however I notice when it appears and I've not selected an option e.g. My phones on my pocket and I've missed it. It's looking for my location and wasting battery! I have my phone on full mute a lot and I don't know how long it's sitting trying to pull my location :confused:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38