sms issues! Please help!!!

Elizabeth Byers

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
I'm not receiving my texts until I send one or make a call. My husband sent me a text 12hrs ago and I didn't get it until just now because I sent him a text. This is very frustrating. Help! Also. When I receive mms, they appear at the very top of my messages at the wrong date/time

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Okay, my next recommendation would be a cache wipe in recovery (or a factory reset). You, of course, could always take your phone into the carrier's store too.

[INFO]Cache wipe:

1. Make sure you're in a location where you have a wifi connection. (Some updates only download via wifi)

2. Boot into recovery. I don't own a S3, so I'm not sure the specific way to do it, but it generally involves holding down certain buttons on boot-up. Often, a Google search for "boot [phone model] to recovery" will get your answer for you.

3. Clear the cache partition. This is like a "temp" directory on your Android system, and is also where the updates are downloaded to for staging. If you have a corrupt update download mucking things up, this will remove it. Wiping the cache will NOT remove any user apps or data, and is generally a pretty harmless procedure.

4. Reboot the phone normally.
[/INFO]