Constant alert noise

Em Wood

Feb 1, 2014
Visit site
Can someone please help before I throw my phone through the window.
It is constantly making an alert noise and I have no clue what it is.
I have turned off all email notifications (hotmail, don't have yahoo, gmail, outlook).
I have turned off all sound notifications for the phone.
There is currently nothing in my notifications.
I have gone through all the threads on here that I can find and can't locate a solution.
If anyone has had this before please help. Also, this sound is not any of the sounds that exist as options on the phone to set, so I can not tell you what the name of the sound is.
Thank you in advance. :mad:
Update: It seems to be connected to the phone searching GPS location. Don't know how to turn the noise off though.

Last edited:

electricpete

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
Tough one. Some thoughts fwiw
1-If you go to settings/my device/sound/volume, you will see for volume sliders (media, ringer, notifications, system). Maybe try setting them individually to zero and see which one makes it go away.
2-any unusual programs in your list of running programs?
3-I assume you tried re- booting
4-any idea what changed when the noise started? Installed a new program?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Em Wood

Feb 1, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for replying.
Yep, rebooted.
All the volumes ones have been set differently.
Not sure about a new program. I'm wondering if it is caused from using GoLauncher or ApexLaucher.

ReMarkable2112

Jun 1, 2012
Visit site
Pretty much. Shut it down pulled the battery waited a few minutes put it back in turned it on fixed it for me.

Posted via Android Central App

carterbailey

Apr 24, 2014
Visit site
I had this problem today, and finally figured it out after wanting to yell like a madman at my phone.

If you have NFC turned on, this might be what's happening with your phone (if not, I'm sorry, but maybe it'll help someone else out).

For my situation, it turned out that the library book I had set my phone on top of had a NFC or RFID tag that my phone was constantly reading. Which resulted in a constant notification sound that wasn't the default notification sound...

I haven't gone through any steps to eliminate it from happening if I set it on the book again, but keeping your phone away from random NFC/RFID tags might do the trick... or turning off NFC.

HTH!

edit: Just thought about another way this could be affecting others... This could also be a problem if you store your credit cards that have tap'n'pay in a phone case. Your phone could be sensing those cards.

Last edited:

gunswick

Feb 22, 2015
Visit site
I had this problem today, and finally figured it out after wanting to yell like a madman at my phone.

If you have NFC turned on, this might be what's happening with your phone (if not, I'm sorry, but maybe it'll help someone else out).

For my situation, it turned out that the library book I had set my phone on top of had a NFC or RFID tag that my phone was constantly reading. Which resulted in a constant notification sound that wasn't the default notification sound...

I haven't gone through any steps to eliminate it from happening if I set it on the book again, but keeping your phone away from random NFC/RFID tags might do the trick... or turning off NFC.

HTH!

edit: Just thought about another way this could be affecting others... This could also be a problem if you store your credit cards that have tap'n'pay in a phone case. Your phone could be sensing those cards.

Thank you so much! I had a nexus 6 which had a folding case with a debit card in which had tap2pay in it. Everytime the case was folded back it was the triggering the nfc noise as the card got close to the back of the phone! Nfc had been enabled during the phone setup to transfer contacts etc from old phone to new phone. This was driving me mad! Without this thread I wouldn't have worked it out so, thank you!

Geraldo Selvia

Aug 31, 2015
Visit site
Hi guys!
I had the exactly same problem and I couldn't figure it out at all!
I do have my debit cards on the side of my mobile also, so NFC off and the annoying notification sound is gone!
Thank you very much! ;)

Ehorak

Sep 13, 2015
Visit site
This took me 2 weeks after purchasing the s5 to figure out. Constant dings probably every 5 to 10 minutes for no reason! After putting blocks on most aps and do not disturb mode with exceptions to no avail, finally went to settings and then reset settings. Do NOT do factory reset. Do reset settings. It will not delete your data or pics. I think all I had to redo was my wallpaper. It worked! No more constant dings for no apparent reason! I was almost on the verge of returning the phone but now I love my galaxy s5!

Presto25

Mar 6, 2016
Visit site
I had the same issue and it ended up being a Bluetooth connection to my cordless telephone system at home (Panasonic). I shutoff the BT and it went away. However, I have some BT connections otherwise so I wanted to leave it on. I had to "disconnect" my BT connection at the Panasonic end to make it stop. Maybe this will help someone else.

PeterVito

Feb 9, 2017
Visit site
I had the same problem. CONSTANT alert message and it was MADDENING. It turned out the be my DECTs phone. Apparently the Bluetooth connection to my office phone will continually try to connect after I UNPAIR from my Bluetooth office phone, a Panasonic to be specific. Once I repaired and connected my phone the issue resolved.

John Cooper10

Apr 27, 2018
Visit site
I have SOLVED THIS ISSUE!!!!!

If your phone is making this weird notification noise,
Go to Settings, Sounds & notification, and change your DEFAULT Notification sounds to silent.
Sounds easy enough right..... Wrong.. for some reason, with the HTC phone, the sounds are still defaulting to something else, even when it is checked on Silent in Default Notifications.

TO FIX THIS, I downloaded a Ringtone maker/ Notification maker and made an ACTUAL Silent sound. I saved it where the other Default Notifation sounds were. And then changed it to this sound. (The one I created.)

Now, All I hear are the birds in the wind and crickets in the night. I AM SO HAPPY TO FIX THIS..... and trust me, I tried EVERYTHING.... I even tried disabling EVERY App including the System service apps..... nothing worked....
Until now!

Let me know if this worked for you!

Pascal Cygan

May 19, 2018
Visit site
Hello Guys
If you have that constant pain isbthe *** noise constantly coming through tour phone just do the following:
Go to settings
then Notification
Then depending up on the phone type (in my case some where at the bottom) you will find notification Reminder. set it to off. That is the one disturbing you whenever you have unread messages.

I hope this helps.

Odamie007

Aug 2, 2018
Visit site

HTH!

Even after 4 years that you wrote this post, it's still very useful. I have been having this problem for over a month since I took my phone off vibrate only profile. It's been driving me crazy. I have tried different things but nothing worked till I found this your post. Thanks for posting it even though you weren't sure it will be of help to the actual person that needed the help at the time of posting. I just turned NFC off as I have my tap and go bank card and tap and go bus cards in my phone, and it worked.

BJ44

Dec 26, 2018
Visit site
I have had the same issue twice.

It seems that it started when i accidentally touched the Emergency Call button below the log in numeric screen. Then i tried everything to stop the emergency alert sounding after all calls - to no success. Today i tried something new. I shut down the phone. Then used the pin tool to remove the SIM/memory card holder from the slot on the right-hand side. Left it out for a good 60 seconds. Plugged card back in and restarted phone. After logging in there was a message symbol at the top that informed me i had missed two emergency alerts. Selected Clear All and phone has been fine since.

Brittney Sims

Feb 25, 2019
Visit site
Can someone please help before I throw my phone through the window.
It is constantly making an alert noise and I have no clue what it is.
I have turned off all email notifications (hotmail, don't have yahoo, gmail, outlook).
I have turned off all sound notifications for the phone.
There is currently nothing in my notifications.
I have gone through all the threads on here that I can find and can't locate a solution.
If anyone has had this before please help. Also, this sound is not any of the sounds that exist as options on the phone to set, so I can not tell you what the name of the sound is.
Thank you in advance. :mad:
Update: It seems to be connected to the phone searching GPS location. Don't know how to turn the noise off though.

My phone was driving me crazy, if you have a android phone go to persistent notification in settings. I had that truned on and it was set to make that noise every fifteen seconds.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hunter006

Dec 19, 2019
Visit site
Mine was also doing it. It turned out to be some unnecessary battery charge app thing that was a major pain in the ***. Don't ever put one of these things in. They're garbage! The sound drove me nuts for 2 days.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty