AT&T 4.4.2 update removed some things from my S4

AlphaVictor87

Jul 5, 2012
Visit site
So I got the update today, and everything went smooth. I do feel it's more snappy and quick. However I had a few apps disappear from my home screen. I honestly don't remember which ones do they weren't that important.

However one widget I know for sure that is gone is the Google music identifier widget (not sure of the actual name) I used that all the time. Is there something I need to download again? As far as I know it was on my phone when I first got it so not sure why it would be gone.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using AC Forums mobile app

ABOSWORTH007

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
So I got the update today, and everything went smooth. I do feel it's more snappy and quick. However I had a few apps disappear from my home screen. I honestly don't remember which ones do they weren't that important.

However one widget I know for sure that is gone is the Google music identifier widget (not sure of the actual name) I used that all the time. Is there something I need to download again? As far as I know it was on my phone when I first got it so not sure why it would be gone.

I just updated to Kitkat and had some screwy things going on. Had to reinstall some apps. Nova launcher was not installed but the pro extension was so my phone was all screwed up looking. As soon as I reinstalled it, it looked better. I was having issues with a couple widgets not showing up and not allowing me to put them back. I rebooted the phone and now everything is working great. This update seems super speedy so far! I'm quite happy now that everything is back in order.

Posted via Android Central App

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
I too had to re-install several apps ironically including AT&T Visual Voicemail. Bluetooth and signal strength indicator are white. The battery life indicator is white with a black lightning bolt. When closing open apps, and it seems to be different. Holding the back button hides or reveals the multi-task tab. HDR feature in camera. Transitions between home screens and use of gestures seems a bit snappier. Scrolling is a bit smoother and fast.

sasha

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site

Sound Search for Google Play https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...=rXhwS9afgjv9IQJboxa4jQ&bvm=bv.61965928,d.aWc