Why isn't my Samsung G S4 notification bar working?

Heather Gray-Nelson

Feb 8, 2015
Visit site
samsung gs4 notification bar not working

My notification bar randomly stopped working. I can see notifications up there but can't pull the bar down or anything up there. My 2 yr old son was playing on it earlier, he usually just puts it in kids mode & plays those games. Is there something he could have accidentally done/clicked to cause this? Also when I hold down the home button (to open task manager) that's also not working. It instead does nothing until I let go & then takes me to home screen. I have tried restarting phone (it starts to work for a min then stops) & have taken battery out. Really not wanting to have to do a factory reset. I do have a case but have taken case off & still no luck!
Please help, it's so annoying to see notifications but not be able to get to them!
TIA

KarlaJane04

Mar 17, 2015
Visit site
this happened to me today and luckily i found a solution right away..
so i took my sim and sd card out.then switched my fone back on.Right after it turns on the"complete action using" page comes out where i can choose bet touchwiz easy home,touchwiz home l,and kids mode.But dont choose anything yet coz on this time idk bout you,but my panel actually works..so if it works for you too pull it down then turn ALL the icons on.the wifi..location..sound..etc..
obviously my mobile data wont turn coz theres no sim.and also my wifi and bluetooth stayed off.but press those icons anyway.then after that pull the panel back up..then choose the touchwiz home icon.then press always..but somehow the "complete action using" page comes out again.idk y but it just did.so just do the same things u did last tym.touchwizhome.always.ok..
it should work now.well at least it did for me.

Aftab Motiwala

May 30, 2016
Visit site
Re: samsung gs4 notification bar not working

My notification bar randomly stopped working. I can see notifications up there but can't pull the bar down or anything up there. My 2 yr old son was playing on it earlier, he usually just puts it in kids mode & plays those games. Is there something he could have accidentally done/clicked to cause this? Also when I hold down the home button (to open task manager) that's also not working. It instead does nothing until I let go & then takes me to home screen. I have tried restarting phone (it starts to work for a min then stops) & have taken battery out. Really not wanting to have to do a factory reset. I do have a case but have taken case off & still no luck!
Please help, it's so annoying to see notifications but not be able to get to them!
TIA