My main home screen has changed

extraclass

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
My main HOME SCREEN has changed! I upgraded to Lollypop a week ago and just noticed my main home screen is no longer the default home screen. When I press HOME TWICE I go to one of the other screens and not back to the HOME SCREEN!
When I press and hold the MENU key I get a screen that allows me to move full pages of home screens. If i move the screens the wrong HOME screen follows the wrong screen! If I press the RETURN button I get the MULTI SCREEN SIDEBAR!
All of the FIXES I have been able to find refers to Android before the update! I hate the Idea of moving all my shortcuts all over the place to get them back on my HOME screen. Anyone know how to correct this?

Last edited:

th3gnslngr

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Hit menu to go to the screen with all your pages... There's a house on top of each page, hit that on the page you want for the home screen and then smile with joy

wjeffries

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
You'll need to use two fingers to pinch the screen. This will display all your screens. One will have a checkmark on it. Drag the checkmark to the screen you want. That should fix it.

extraclass

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
When I pinch the screen I get a screen with one homepage at about 1/2 size. I can move the screens back and forth and change order but the one designated as the home screen stays as the designated screen no matter where I move it! I assume it is a Lollipop change!

wjeffries

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
Are you placing your finger on the checkmark and moving the checkmark only. This shouldn't move the actual screens but just the checkmark. Place the checkmark on the page you want as the home screen.

extraclass

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
I have not found a way to get to the screen you are referring to. I do not think it exists in Lollipop! The pages I have do not have a checkmark!

I have seen the screen you are talking about that showed miniature versions of all of the home pages on one screen. I can not find that page after the update! I have an S-4 with the Verizon Lollipop update 5.0.1

wjeffries

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
I'm not sure why. I'm on the Verizon s4 and Lollipop 5.0.1 also. I find the miniature versions of all the pages by pinching the home screen using two fingers. Perhaps someone else has an idea.

th3gnslngr

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
You're in the right place. There is an icon of a house on top of each page. Just click this icon for the page you want as the home screen.

extraclass

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
I can not believe I didn't figure that out! Got it to work! Can't believe it was so easy and obvious! DUH! on me! Thanks for the suggestion!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non