S4 only gains charge when switched off? HELP

Joe Kane2

Jul 29, 2015
Visit site
Hi all,

My s4 only seems to gain charge when I switch it off. when its on and charging, the battery % stays the same or even drops! When im using it while its charging the % drops as well. Ive just replaced the battery with a new one and still having the problem. also have tried different chargers.

Any advise would be grateful

thanks

Joe Kane2

Jul 29, 2015
Visit site
Ive also done a master reset still no luck. I downloaded a battery monitor app and it confirms that there is more power being discharged when I have it plugged in. Someone out there must of had a similar problem, maybe hardware??

extraclass

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
It sounds like a charger problem or a cable problem. Be sure the lightning bolt is present in the battery icon. If not try another charger or cable then try another battery. The battery should last a couple days at least with the phone off! How old is the battery, after about 18 months the battery should be suspect! Do a search in this forum for "battery" and you will find others have had similar problems and how to solve the problem!

Joe Kane2

Jul 29, 2015
Visit site
I have tried 3 different charges/ cable, changed the battery to a brand new one. According to the battery monitor im losing -342ma every minute whilst on charge. it also has the lightning bolt to indicate charge. any idea?

Last edited:

extraclass

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Try another charger or usb cable. Not all chargers work with all cables or all phones! Do you see the lightning bolt in the battery icon? That is a good indication your battery is charging properly!

Your charger should be rated at 2 A or 2000 Ma. A usb port on a computer will not be strong enough to charge your phone!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa